“Lunch”
Review of Watts Grocery

Watts Grocery
Reserve with OpenTable
Watts Grocery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 789 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Club Blvd
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Delicious! Shrimp 'n grits and fried green tomato sandwich yumminess. Small menu but great southern food.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We met with another couple and had a lovely dinner. We all had different things, and we all loved what we had. The presentation was beautiful too. The wine was also excellent.
BUT something really annoyed us. The waitress had been courteous until the end, when we ordered another glass of wine instead of desert. She almost ignored the request. It was opvious, she just wanted us to leave, so she could get home. This was a Saturday night, and just one other table in the whole restaurant was occupied and it was not even 10 o'clock. The staff was just ready to go home, I guess.
Well, the food was so good and yummy, that we will go back and see, if this service situation was an isolated event.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I have a sensitivity to onions and must avoid them. I've visited twice now and asked for advice on what to order. They always answer that they can avoid them in what I choose. Both times they returned significantly later with "not this and not that" and I get something substituted. I'm sure what I get isn't as delicious as what The original dish was, though it was very good. For the price, I would expect a better understanding of the menu, or at least for the server to go ask the chef for a recommendation.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We headed to Durham to cheer at a collegiate track meet and needed to fuel up first. Great exterior and interior setting. We sat at a tall table near the window. Shrimp, cucumber, and avocado bruschetta started things off for us. What it lacked in size it made up for in blackened shrimp flavor! Husband had two starters- beer wedge salad and mac and cheese. Wedge salad a colorful feast for the eyes although he declared to many beets. I had the flounder with farro, roasted tomatoes, something green and crunchy (celery maybe?), and delightful radishes. My fish was moist and tender. Great dishes all around and helpful front and wait staff.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

A friend invited me to see Tony Bennett at DPAC and had already made reservations at Watts Grocery for dinner. We arrived a few minutes before they opened at 5:30 and sat outside and enjoyed the ambiance of the city. After being seated, my friend and I were promptly asked for drink orders. Our waiter was very attentive but not annoying. We both ordered the ribeye which came with asparagus and garlic potatoes. My steak was cooked perfectly at medium, but her's was not cooked as well as she would have liked, she ordered well done. I encouraged her to send it back but she said it was fine and decided to keep it. Food was great and came quickly. Our table was close to others and we actually struck up conversations with those on both sides. One side was a father and son headed to see Tony Bennett also. The other table engaged us asking questions about our steaks. Before having dinner I did go to the restroom to wash my hands and there was a prominent sign on the door that said, "We do NOT support HB2! This is not us." The restaurant is decorated with local art and has a beautiful bar that lines one side of the room. Was an enjoyable meal and I will go back next time I am in Durham.