“Great Place”
Review of Watts Grocery

Watts Grocery
Reserve with OpenTable
Watts Grocery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 786 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Club Blvd
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Visited here Oct 6, with 4 friends. Everyone had a great meal, the duck breast looked great (a friend had that). Nice atmosphere, very nice selection of bourbon from the bar. Great service, very attentive waitstaff.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The private room that we had our dinner party needs a serious upgrade. It was very hard to hear conversations even across the table.

The food was very good and we all ordered from the menu. They allow special requests which added to the experience for those of us from the West Coast that don't get some of the items on the menu.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

My wife and I went to this restaurant for dinner yesterday. We were seated promptly, and our server showed up quickly. My wife and I both ordered cocktails. It took FOREVER to get our drinks. At one point the server came over to take our order, and she said "I'm still waiting for your drinks", to which I replied "So are we" in a mildly annoyed tone. We waited and waited, and then our appetizer arrived. So did our drinks, finally. We were leisurely sharing an appetizer when our entrees arrived! The food came too fast, the drinks WAY too slow.

To be fair, once they arrived the drinks were excellent, as was the appetizer. My wife RAVED about her entree, the crabmeat-stuffed flounder. My steak was just OK -- a lot of gristle and kind of salty, but not terrible. On the basis of the food, I'd give this place a 5, but they need to hire a competent bartender, or ideally a second bartender, to improve their bar service.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Probably fourth visit to Watts, so it is time I got around to writing a review. First time for brunch, which had a lot of great choices. Recommend the flying pepper bloody mary if you like pepper. The fried chicken on an open faced biscuit with sausage gravy was very good, and my wife enjoyed the fried shrimp cobb salad. Anna was an excellent waitress, and the staff was very friendly. We have enjoyed all of our visits.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I've been here 3x and it's always been VERY delicious and fresh, locally sourced. a yummy twist on southern food. the menu is fairly small and rotates so check online before you go!

also it's about $60-70 for 2 people, which is a bit more than I am used to paying! If you can splurge a little, it's worth going to.