“A New Steakhouse in Town!”
Review of NanaSteak

NanaSteak
Reserve with OpenTable
NanaSteak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 812 Restaurants in Durham
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This was my first time at NanaSteak but it's been on my radar ever since I learned of its opening because I love Nana's and NanaTaco. The service was impeccable and attentive without being obtrusive. I loved the menu and can't wait to go back for another food experience. This time I chose the Black Angus NY Strip Steak with a medley of locally sourced wild mushrooms and my friend chose the Prime Rib 8 oz cut with Horseradish Sauce and a darling little ramekin of Gruyere “Grand Cru” Mac & Cheese. Both meats cooked to perfection and so tender you hardly needed a steak knife. For dessert we shared Key Lime Cheesecake with Macadamia Brittle and Lime Soft Cream - delectable! The bar scene looked interesting as well and we were told that the same menu was available at the bar. I would highly recommend NanaSteak!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Visited NanaSteak before the DPAC customer and have a new favorite in Durham. Convenient to parking and DPAC. We made our reservations late, so we sat at a high top in the bar. The ambiance was still great - nice view of the city.

Our server was Danielle. She was great - knowledgable, efficient and friendly. Graham, the owner stopped by for a chat. Very passionate about making the guest experience great. The wine by the glass was excellent, as were my Vodka Martinis ... and the food was terrific. The Shrimp Risotto appetizer was delicious. I had the rib eye (it was good but not great) and my wife had the Halibut with the roasted root vegetables - she loved it. Bottom line, it was a very good pre-show dinner and We'll be Back.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed drinks and apps at the bar after a show at DPAC. Even before the food arrived, I noticed the cleanliness of the restaurant. The owners were actively involved and so friendly. Our drinks were spot on, and when uncertain, the bartender mixed up something special. The muscles app was generously sized and the French fries are great (with the 1/2 lb steak burger of course!). Our visit was relaxing in spite of it becoming very busy on a Saturday evening. We will make the drive from Surf City and visit again. Soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We had an early dinner at NS before a Bulls game and the DPAC had a show as well. It's a bit difficult to get to NS with both a Bulls game and DPAC show so check the calendar before going during the season.

The bar area is nice but very loud. The service was very good. The cocktails and salads were excellent. My wife's risotto was very good but my lamb was massively overlooked. Dessert options are good.

So overall very good service, a bit too loud in the bar for normal conversation, and I would have expected better from the chefs on the meat at NanaSteak.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

A pre-show restaurant could not have a better location. Adjacent to and darn near a part of DPAC itself. It was booked solid before the Friday Steve Martin / Martin Short show, so we showed up early hoping to get a seat at a table in the bar. Got there at 5:30 and all tables were taken, but we got the first stools at the bar. They were comfortable.

Service was efficient and friendly. The wine by the glass was excellent, and the food was very good. The appetizer special for the night was seared foie gras, and it was delicious. I followed this with a rib eye which was good but not great.

All in all, a very good pre-show dinner and we will be going back.

Been to NanaSteak? Share your experiences!