“Decent fast food place”

McDonald's
Ranked #63 of 109 Restaurants in Elizabeth City
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 31 March 2017

We dined in tonight. Food was hot and fresh. They made a mistake and gave me a fried chicken patty on my sandwich instead of a grilled chicken patty, but the manager quickly corrected. I would have been upset had I ordered in drive thru and taken it home. Service was good. Cashier was friendly.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

The inside area was very dirty and service was as poor as I've seen in a fast food restaurant. One person at register and eight to ten customers in line. Managements reaction to slow service showed a lack of dedication to job.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I usually stop here for a quick breakfast before going to The Pines Golf course just down the street. The breakfast meals are fresh hot and tasty.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

We don't eat fast food too often but the husband had a hankering for some soft serve ice cream. They were out. This has happened before. Kind of disappointed when this seems to happen several times over the year.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I normally don't rate fast food because we all know what it is supposed to be: standardized, fast, cheap, and edible. But my most recent visit here warrants this diatribe.

My wife and I went through the drive-thru for a quick bite on the road. You know the drill--in a hurry, gotta eat something. Ordered a fish sandwich, a hamburger, a grilled chicken sandwich, and one large drink. I couldn't believe the tab came to over $11.

Then, driving down the road, I learned that the tarter sauce (which is supposed to be in the center of the bun) was instead globbed off to one side, with most of it oozing out and all over the outside of the sandwich. Makes for a nasty, smelly, greasy mess trying to manage it with one hand. The ketchup on the hamburger was the same way. Apparently the McGenius in charge of the condiments has poor eye-hand coordination. (Lots of luck with that whole "raise the minimum wage to $15/hr" argument when this guy is Exhibit A.) Then there was the drink--20 oz of ice and 4oz of soda.

Overall, it was a bad experience. Overpriced, mediocre food put together by someone who obviously doesn't give a flip. I'd have been better off with a gas station hot dog for a lot less money.