“Hidden Gem in Yadkin County”
other travellers have booked this property
Deer Run Interior Deer Run Kitchen
Deer Run Interior
Deer Run Kitchen
Private Hot Tubs
Big Elkin Creek
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

hockystik...
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Hidden Gem in Yadkin County”
Reviewed 21 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

I was looking for a new gateway cabin for my wife and I to spend a long weekend in wine country (after the Vineyard Cabin in Ararat went out of business). We absolutely fell in love with this cabin. Very nicely appointed and all you need for a relaxing weekend. The space is small, but it's all you need. There are 4-5 other cabins on properly, however this one suited our needs in excess. Hot-tub was well received and relaxing. Proximity to the creek/river made the time that much more enjoyable. Good location to enjoy downtown eateries in Elkin as well as centrally located to hit numerous wineries and breweries. Will definitely be booking again in the near future. Our host Teresa was very accommodating and a wealth of knowledge. Very good communication, easy check-in, check-out.

Date of stay: August 2018
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
23 Aug 2018
I'm so glad you enjoyed the area and your stay in Deer Run! Hope you'll visit us again real soon!
Gail T
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Ideal for Retreat”
Reviewed 10 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

I had such a lovely 3-day stay in the Deer Run log cabin. The cabin was clean, tastefully decorated and cozy. The surrounding woods and babbling river made sitting on the deck, the riverside swing, or hot tub a really relaxing experience. Since I was travelling on my own it made no difference but if I had to subtract any points it would be that even though the two Queen beds could sleep 4, the cabin is really set up for two I.e. only two chairs in the tv area and only two chairs on the deck.The other shortcoming for me is that the constant on and off of the hot tub overwhelmed the sounds of the river and nature. I still give it 5 stars.

Date of stay: March 2015
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
16 Apr 2015
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! There is a way we can temporarily pause the hot tub without allowing the water to get cold so you can enjoy the sounds of the creek. The next time you stay with us we'll be glad to show you how!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.