“5 star food, our server was less than 5 star - but we definitely recommend!”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #15 of 543 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers was founded in 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia. This franchise, operated under Home-Grown Industries of Georgia, Inc., is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. For 41 years, Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has been serving up fresh, stone-baked pizzas to order in an eclectic, art-filled, and family-friendly environment. Each Mellow is locally owned and operated and provides a unique feel focused around great customer service and high-quality food. Mellow Mushroom's menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available.
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We're Mellow Mushroom fans, but don't live near enough to one that we get to go often anymore, so we were thrilled to see one while in the area last week. Loved our pizzas (ordered a medium each and are still eating leftovers for lunch!), and tried the pretzel bites as an appetizer - they were delicious with cheese dip! (They come with a marinara for dipping, too, but that seemed sort of redundant with the pizza we had coming.) Our server was possibly also the bartender, and she really seemed inconvenienced by our being there, otherwise this would have been a 5-star review. Reading the reviews, many people comment on the slow service, and I will say that the pizza takes a while at most Mellow Mushroom locations we've visited - that's why we started with an appetizer this time. But the pizza's good - definitely worth the wait!

Management response:Responded 11 September 2017

Hey!!! I want to thank you for taking time in giving us feedback. We use every bit of feedback that we recieve to coach our team and improve. I would like to get some further information from you if possible. My email is Bmellowschrock@gmail.com or please give me a call at the restaurant 910 779-2442. My name is Brian Schrock, I am the General Manager for this Mellow location!

Cheers!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

It's a good pizza but a bit small for two and pricey. The veggies are good and roasted and the pizza dough itself is fine for gluten free but it needs to be a bit larger for $14.99.

MellowMushroomNC, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thanks so much for this feedback. We are sorry about the pricing on the GF. The size and pricing is determined by corporate so unfortunately our hands are tied. We hope to see you soon

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My son who is stationed at ft bragg recommended this place for pizza. We sat outside. The pizza was delicious. We also enjoyed the brownie for dessert

Thanks so much for giving us a try! We are so happy you had a great Mellow Experience

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Pizza so good. Service took a millennium, but the pizza is so fresh and delicious. No idea why they're so slow though. Our server was MIA

mellow m, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

My name is Thomas Spearman and I am the GM here at Mellow Mushroom of Greenville, NC. Thank you so much for the review and I would love to hear from you so that I may get a little more info about your experience so that I may teach and train my staff where they are lacking and help to ensure a much better experience. Please feel free to contact me at greenvillenc@mellowmushroominfo.com or 252-565-8220. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

sometimes the music can be a little loud but good choice of music... The spinach salad is good but they leave the stems on you have to pick off... Not super quick so in a hurry go somewhere else for lunch.. Over all a decent pie place

mellow m, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

My name is Thomas Spearman and I am the General Manager here at Mellow Mushroom of Greenville, NC. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I look at these reviews and use them as training tools for myself and my staff. They are supposed to be picking the spinach so I will make sure that this is getting done and for lunch we always strive to have food out to the tables by the 20 minute mark. I know this doesn't always happen as various factors sometimes take place and prevent this, however, this is our goal and we continuously make strides to do this. We have just increased our staff levels for both kitchen and servers so that our goal of 20 mins or less can continue. Thank you again and please feel free to reach me at greenvillenc@mellowmushroominfo.com or by phone 252-565-8220.