“Wonderful tacos and friendly service...love it on Taco Tuesdays also!”

El Charro Mexican Grill
Ranked #18 of 94 Restaurants in Franklin
Description: The best Mexican food in Franklin. Plenty of options on the menu for the entire family to enjoy. Great portions and prices, you will be truly impressed! El Charro Mexican Grill has established itself as one of the area's favorite culinary destinations and is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Please stop in soon!
Reviewed 14 May 2017

I love TACO TUESDAYS when tacos are half price...(only $1.00 or $1.50!)
but the grilled chicken tacos are my favorite! They usually have special prices for beer and or margaritas as well.
A fun place to go, and friendly service. My favorite restaurant in Franklin.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Food is good but nothing out of the ordinary. I asked for corn tortillas with my fish taco's as a gluten free option and instead of a crispy shell, I had soggy shells that were pretty much inedible. The fish was delicious and there was lots of it so all was not lost. It was served with pico de gallo, lettuce and sour cream and rice. There were six in our party and we saw very little of our server. Drinks needed replenishing, etc. and the restaurant was not that busy. Overall I would give them another shot and just chalk it up to an off night.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

After eating here almost weekly their service is just not what it use to be. You walk in feeling helpless and wondering weather to seat yourself. Maybe they are short on help now. But food takes a very long time to get. The cheese sauce is way more spicy now than before. The plus is the chips an salsa to tidy you over. Hopefully they find more help. Use to be a popular restaurant.

2  Thank renatruex
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I've had Mexican food in several of the surrounding counties and this is by far the best Mexican restaurant I've been to in Western North Carolina. Nestled in an unassuming strip mall off the main street in Franklin, NC, it would be easy to miss El Charro or dismiss it, but this would be a mistake.

My wife and I dined here last Sunday afternoon a little after the Sunday rush/church crowd - circa 1:30 and while there were still patrons in the restaurant, we didn't have to wait to be seated. One of the first things I noticed was that the dining room was very clean. That's always a good sign!

The menu was pretty extensive and full of the usual fare - so nothing out of the ordinary there. Our server was prompt at the table and very friendly. He was more than happy to make some recommendations when I asked about his personal favorites. (Next time, I will try one that he recommended - the ACP or arroz con pollo). He brought out our drinks and fresh chips and salsa very soon after taking our order. The chips were fresh and fantastic and the salsa was really very good. There were lots of chunks of onion, tomatoes and plenty of diced cilantro. It was some of the best salsa I've had locally!

My wife ordered the enchillada Mexicanas and I went with a quesedilla fajitas. My wife couldn't finish her enchilladas and I got to taste the sole survivor which was a ground beef with a green sauce. It was so good and if I hadn't been so full, I would've happily helped her with that. However, my quesedilla was like the size of a football! It was huge and full of tender chunks of steak, onions, green peppers, mushrooms and cheese. It was fantastic! The quesedilla was served with a bowl of some of the best guacamole I've ever had, sour cream and pico de gallo. My meal also came with a heaping portion of rice. After my entree hit the table, I was immediately sorry I'd glutted on chips and salsa. This was a huge meal! I couldn't finish it all, but I loved every bite.

The prices for the food are beyond reasonable, the service was friendly and efficient, the restaurant was clean and the food was outstanding. This is really a gem in Franklin and, the next time I get a craving for Mexican food, I'm driving to El Charro!

4  Thank irunnoft
Reviewed 15 December 2016

I had the enchiladas supreme and my wife had tamales. They were both delicious. The sauce, the beans and the whole dish was perfectly cooked and generous portions. They had large margaritas at a cheap price. They were also well made.. The chips and salsa were above average. Prices are reasonable for food and spirits. The waiter was very good. The only reason I didn't give it a five was the place needs a facelift. The place is dreary..

1  Thank RVFIRE-TFR V