“Great for an overnight stay close to Walnut Creek”

Econo Lodge South Garner
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Garner
Reviewed 23 September 2015

My husband and I stayed here for one night after a concert. It was clean, spacious, and very close to Walnut Creek. For the price you can't beat it! I wouldn't make this hotel a vacation destination, but for a place to lay your head for the night, it's perfect.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 September 2015

So we stopped here at 9pm at night, and got a room. We dropped our stuff off in the room and went and got late dinner since we had been traveling for 9hrs. We got back about 11:30pm to the room, and we were shocked at what we saw. There were stains on the bed cover which appeared to be semen stains and other bodily fluids. There was a red substance on our sheet that looked like blood. both locks on the door did not work properly, and my son stepped on a piece of glass in the carpet and cut his foot open. I went to turn our keys in, and asked for a refund at 12:10am, but was told that There was nothing they could do because it was after midnight. I contacted The corporate office to complain, and the receptionist said she would have a rep call me in 72 hours. I never got a call, but I did get a letter, in which they called me a liar, and refused to give me any kind of refund. Then they had the nerve to tell me I would get 25% off my next stay as restitution! As if I would EVER stay there again...I would give a negative 5 rating if I could. This motel seems to be used mostly for road crew workers, and locals who want to "Party" If you know what I mean

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha T
Reviewed 27 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night, while staying in garner to attend a show at the Walnut Creek Amphitheater. The location of this hotel, compared to the price for the night was great. The hotel was close enough to the amphitheater, as well as plenty of options for a quick bite to eat as well as some shopping areas. The staff at check in and check out we're friendly, helpful and efficient. The room was acceptable, the tv, was a great size, the microwave and fridge were great to have in the room. The toilet in my room was a little wobbly but was in good working order and all the lights, except 1 worked.

The pool was not open during my stay, though I did get a glimpse at it and it looked quite small. The continental breakfast was very basic, and the hours for it were not at all convenient for me, being that I was out late the night before for the show.

You can tell this is a budget hotel, but for 1 or 2 nights, if you plan to be out and about during the day or night, for a show like I was, this was definitely the right choice.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the lobby to limit noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Gina P, General Manager at Econo Lodge South Garner, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for visiting Tripadvisor to register your most valuable feedback on our hotel, We are very excited on all the positives that you commented on, and the not so positive issues will be improved upon ASAP. Your comments are very valuable and we do appreciate you for letting us know how we are doing.
GM

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a business convention. My colleagues stayed at the Windham next door and I regret not staying there. My biggest complaint is that the Internet is slower than dial-up. Takes forever for simple pages to load.

Sure, it's a decent place if you need a place to crash for the night. If you are here on business and need Internet access. .. consider some place else.

• Stayed: April 2014
Gina P, Manager at Econo Lodge South Garner, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

To our guest, we would like to thank you for your response; we are extremely sorry for the problems that you encountered with our internet service. This was a problem that we were aware of, thus, we are very happy to let all of our guests who encountered this problem in the past week, know that we found the problem and has since fixed it.
We do invite you to come again and promise that you will be very satisfied.
Thank you very much for your feed back.

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
0.2 km away
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#59 of 87 in Raleigh
0.5 km away
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Garner

Been to Econo Lodge South Garner? Share your experiences!