“Very pleasant”

Econo Lodge South Garner
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Garner
Reviewed 27 July 2016

The wonderful woman at the front desk helped me locate a restaurant that I wanted to go to. And her English was worse than mine and she made it happen when I couldn't. The room was fantastic. Very comfortable, clean, and up to date. I would definitely stay again. I had one small problem with the lady next door that seems to be living there. She wanted to be outside singing and staying up all night and talking with people. I could have said something and I'm sure it would have been taken care of but, with my truck sitting right there, I let it go. Otherwise, I had a wonderful overnight stay. Continental breakfast consisted of toast, bagel, cereal, hard boiled eggs, waffles, coffee, and juice.

Room Tip: I stayed on the opposite side from the office and it seemed a bit nosey.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 June 2016

It took a while to find this hotel because the street, Mechanical Blvd, has two access points from Hwy 70 which don't connect but once you find it, it's a sloppy place to be.Updates needed and even after 4 pm, rooms were still being cleaned and the general appearance of the place was untidy. Access to rooms seems unsafe, long dark hallways before reaching the stairs and upstairs, same story. Saw a person in bare feet milling around, maybe even staying there. But once inside, things are fair, but just getting to the room is a dank experience. I'd skip it and take one of the hotels further up the block. The front desk was nice in granting my cancellation, and being exhausted after searching for the place, good customer service was appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

The room is decent, it was clean, has refrigerator. Bed slept well. The breakfast is very slim picking. The seating area only has 4 tables and it's a tight squeeze. If I was asked, you really need to make the breakfast area somewhere else.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2015

This is a cheap place to stay and is clean and safe. The only problem with our room was that it smelled of cigarettes even though it was a non smoking room. Okay for a night but I wouldn't stay longer than that.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2015

My husband and I stayed here for one night after a concert. It was clean, spacious, and very close to Walnut Creek. For the price you can't beat it! I wouldn't make this hotel a vacation destination, but for a place to lay your head for the night, it's perfect.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
0.2 km away
15.2 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 9 in Garner

Been to Econo Lodge South Garner? Share your experiences!