“Poorest Customer Service I've had”

Econo Lodge South Garner
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Garner
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We reserved two non-smoking rooms. One room, sandwiched between a row of smoking rooms, reeked of cigarette smoke. We called for a room switch and the desk said we had been in it thirty minutes and sat on the bed so she couldn't switch us. She said had to check with a manager and would call us back. No return call. No linen to make up the pull-out bed for the six-year-old granddaughter. We switched rooms with my son and his family so they could have our real smoke-free room. We found a line of ants marching from the wall in addition to the smoke. We will not stay here nor at any Econolodge ever again. There are lots of other hotel chains to try.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights while visiting my family...although the hotel and room were very worn...the room was clean, the bed was very comfy, and the staff were very nice. Will stay here again next year. Fridge in room and great wifi (which we appreciated).

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

It's not a very luxurious hotel, but it's average and has the necessities for a simple night. Bedroom was clean, bathroom was clean, parking was alright, the receptionist that checked me and my darling in was very sweet and talkative, it feels like a private stay, but we could still hear neighbors talking and conversing.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2016

The wonderful woman at the front desk helped me locate a restaurant that I wanted to go to. And her English was worse than mine and she made it happen when I couldn't. The room was fantastic. Very comfortable, clean, and up to date. I would definitely stay again. I had one small problem with the lady next door that seems to be living there. She wanted to be outside singing and staying up all night and talking with people. I could have said something and I'm sure it would have been taken care of but, with my truck sitting right there, I let it go. Otherwise, I had a wonderful overnight stay. Continental breakfast consisted of toast, bagel, cereal, hard boiled eggs, waffles, coffee, and juice.

Room Tip: I stayed on the opposite side from the office and it seemed a bit nosey.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2016

It took a while to find this hotel because the street, Mechanical Blvd, has two access points from Hwy 70 which don't connect but once you find it, it's a sloppy place to be.Updates needed and even after 4 pm, rooms were still being cleaned and the general appearance of the place was untidy. Access to rooms seems unsafe, long dark hallways before reaching the stairs and upstairs, same story. Saw a person in bare feet milling around, maybe even staying there. But once inside, things are fair, but just getting to the room is a dank experience. I'd skip it and take one of the hotels further up the block. The front desk was nice in granting my cancellation, and being exhausted after searching for the place, good customer service was appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garner
0.2 km away
15.2 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 9 in Garner

Been to Econo Lodge South Garner? Share your experiences!