“Best Mexican around”

Add it.
Ranked #68 of 140 Restaurants in Garner
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 July 2015

We've been eating at El Dorado's since it opened its Garner location; it's our go-to place for Mexican. It's not fancy, but service is usually quick and efficient and food comes out hot and tasty. I've eaten Tex-Mex in Texas and Mexican in Mexico, and this is as close it gets to that. It puts the chain Mexican restaurants to shame.

Reviewed 5 April 2015

Great cheese dip, the chips are never stale, and the food is inexpensive and delicious. Everything is clean, the people are friendly, and the drinks stay full. We've been several times and always look forward to going back!

Reviewed 28 September 2014 via mobile

We just left for the first time without eating. We live near the restaurant and have been going there 3-6 times per year when we don't want to go further to a better Mexican place. That being said, the service has now gone down so far that we can't justify eating there anymore. Today after sitting for 10 minutes with no waiter visit they served people who were seated after us....and still brought no chips or asked for our drink order. We left and will not return.

Reviewed 17 September 2014

We have been going since moved to N.C. in 1991. They changed location and we followed them. They are a family run business. The owners son at this location is very nice. He does everything.....seats you, gets drinks and food, asks how your meal is and runs the phone. We go in several times a month. I have not been to their other locations but have been to other (2) restaurants and none compare to theirs in Garner.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

My wife and I have been frequenting this restaurant for that last 10 years.
And never once had a bad meal.
The servers are very friendly and very accommodating of special requests.
One of my favorite dishes is their whole fried Tilapia. ( I request the head be removed as it freaks out my wife.)

My other favorite dish is the fried Chimichanga with beef.
The crunchy taco's are also really good.

And the prices are really reasonable.

Been to El Dorado Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!