See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

Paying $40 a night should have been a clue that we might be in for an interesting stay....while it is true that they are renovating the rooms, the work is shoddy. Not only that, but the sheets one one bed had stains, one blanket had blood stains, and one bed had hair and crumbs in the sheets. This is the first time in my life I have requested new sheets and remade my bed with the help of the front desk attendant. The only redeeming feature of this hotel is their front desk. The different ladies I dealt with were wonderful!

Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for the inconvenience our renovations caused you while we make improvements for our guests. The service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We do accommodate our smoking guests with assigned smoking rooms and are sorry you experienced dissatisfaction as a result of this policy. We apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the concerns you describe. It is important for all of our guests to feel welcomed, receive the highest level of service, respect and hospitality. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

I stayed in a room on the first floor. It had a nice wood floor and sadly that's where the compliments end. The comforter had burn holes in it and there was a razor cover left on the edge of the bathtub from the previous customer! The bed was rock hard and I could feel the springs. I woke up feeling like I had been in a fight. I went to the front desk to inquire about another room and was told that the beds are all new and all the same and that they were fully booked that night (without so much as glancing at the computer). I immediately went back to my room and looked up the hotel only to find that there were 5 rooms available! When I went to get dressed I found that my clothes were all WET! My suitcase was on the window bench and I saw that there was water dripping from the light fixture right above. I found a dry outfit, packed up, and went to another hotel. I checked out at the front desk and told them about the leak and wet clothes and was simply told sorry... not even an offer to dry my wet clothing.

Room tip: No elevator
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Under ownership we were told, pet friendly at no extra cost, vending machines with great snacks and drinks, laundry machines to use, clean rooms, nice hardwood floors, wifi, TV, comfortable beds, nice bathrooms. Very nice hotel. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

We booked two rooms a month in advance driving all night from pa to nc. When we were less than half hr away from the hotel we get a call telling us they over booked and we could only get one room because there's a special group that always stays there and they need the extra room for them.I told the clerk I would be there to talk with her in oerson as I chose not to get into a debate while driving. Once we arrived I went inside. Voiced my concerns and opinion as to their unprofessionalism. "Etc" long story short we got the extra room .it was average but, there were no chairs I guess they got it together at the last minute.but we were so tired after driving all night from 550 miles away all we wanted was a shower and sleep. I will never book with them again it is not a good feeling when you're so far from home wondering if you have somewhere to lay your head .and yes we booked with a credit card. Sally bell from Chester PA

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 22 June 2015

Priced decently for the area, this hotel makes for a pleasant night's stay. The staff is wonderful. The hotel has recently gone smoke free and is in the process of replacing the carpet in the rooms with laminate flooring (yay! No more stinky rooms!) The mattresses were just replaced throughout and the TVs are supposed to be replaced with flat screens. Otherwise, the rooms are very small and slightly outdated, but with the renovation improvements and the price, I'd definitely recommend this hotel over others in the area. Coffee is available in the morning in the lobby and there is a guest laundry and vending area. There is no elevator, so if you have problems toting your bags upstairs you might want to request a downstairs room. The hotel is also a true pet friendly hotel with no fee and dog biscuits at the front desk. Like other pet friendly hotels it is plagued with guests that don't pick up after their pets outside (c'mon pet owners! It's hard to find decent pet friendly accommodations!). Although, perhaps a pet station with bags and a bin might help? WiFi is decent, if a little slow in the evenings if the hotel is full. There are a couple pizza delivery options, a Hardee's, Taco Bell, Papa John's and Dunkin Donuts right down the hill (as well as two service stations) and MANY other dining options 10-15 minutes away.

Room tip: No elevators. Pet friendly. No smoking.
Date of stay: June 2015