See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Front desk was fast and friendly . Our room was very clean and the bed slept good . We could not ask for more at a affordable price . There is a restaurant right next door to it which is clean and very good food for the money .

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TBIRDMAN
Reviewed 31 August 2016

When booking online thru tripadvisor it said the room had a frig & microwave. The room is gross & has neither of these things!! I have a bunch of food that will now spoil & go to waste because of this! I am working out of town & this is not what I expected when I showed up to relax for the night. By far the worst experience I've had!!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Room wasn't bad . Smaller but comfortable . Strong cleaner smell that I fixed with my wife's perfume so no problem there . Everything was clean . We stayed in room 118 close to the office . There was some people hanging out at the back of the hotel so stay to the upper as you turn in . Receptionist was friendly and helpful .

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank TBIRDMAN
Reviewed 8 April 2016

The only good thing is that the room was clean. I found a dead stink bug in the room, other than that no bugs. The beds were HORRIBLE. After getting up from what little sleep I had my back was killing me. Glad I had my own pillow and blanket. Their pillows are small and lumpy and the sheets are rough. The comforters are ridden with holes and falling apart. The entire hotel smelled of smoke and at one point raw sewage for a few hours. The mini fridge was iced over. The air conditioner was full of what looked like mold and filth. The bathroom was clean with a surprisingly nice shower. If you need a desk and chair to sit at for business don't stay here. There was a desk with no chair. My husband and I had laundry we wanted to do but the self serve dryer was broken.

Room tip: Just don't.
Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed 16 March 2016

well i will start with the 1 good thing, the room was very clean. now as for everything else: it sucked. there was nobody available when i arrived to check in and no bell to call for them or note saying be back soon. there was a desk in my room but no chair to sit at it. there was a closet but you couldn't hang anything up bc the fridge and microwave were in it. there was no soap or shampoo for the shower. the wifi is super slow.

Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank LMedlin76
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

LMedlin,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.