“Good Mexican food ”

New Los Arcos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #168 of 256 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

We moved here from Charlotte about a year ago. I'm REALLY surprised by some of the reviews. We really enjoy the food here and the service is pretty good. Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Its good and basic but nothing special. I have yet to find a good place. I even had better Mexican in Michigan. Why eveyone has to use melted white cheese or white cheese is beyond me. I used to get a nice BAKED platter of enchiladas with a good thick sauce and a nice yellow cheese all baked with a good filling. I just wish they would take more time making the dishes. It tastes good and prices are fine, its just not spiced well or anything special.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Slow service for Mexican, staff lacks overall friendliness, loud kitchen when sitting nearby, food was sub par and frankly has always been a low performer in the old location, and now the new. New location may look nice on the exterior, but is not worth the visit.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Out family eats here regularly and has for years. They offer a lunch buffet that has any Mexican dish you could want. Some of the servers have been here for years and years and take very good care of our family!

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Let me start by saying that I had been to this new location prior with co-workers and the food was "Just Okay". I went over the weekend with my sister since she had never been and the food was "Just Terrible". We walked in and no one was seating customers. After waiting for 10-15 minutes, we were seated in the center area not far from the food bar. Everyone around us was eating "BAR" food, but we decided to order from the menu. Our server finally came by 10 minutes after we sat down to get our drink order. He asked if we needed menus and we said yes. He brought our drinks and chips with salsa. It was still another 10 minutes before he brought the menus. Can you guess what I'm going to say next?? After 15 minutes, he finally came back to take our order. I got the #3, which was a taco (I asked for a chicken soft taco) and burrito (I asked for chicken), when it came my taco was a soggy mess since it was a hard taco sitting in what they called sauce. The burrito was also a soggy mess with the tortilla tasting like raw dough and the sauce tasted like chicken gravy. Gross! The refried beans were even soupy. My sister got the #14 which a chimichanga (chicken, but it was supposed to be deep fried) and enchilada (chicken, but it was supposed to be on a corn tortilla and ended up on flour). She asked for red sauce, but ended up getting just the regular salsa on it. Both of hers looked like they were also on raw dough. Everything people were getting of the bar looked decent enough, so does that mean you have to get "BAR" food and they punish you if you order off the menu???? Our server never came back to ask how the food was, so we just ended up picking at what we could find edible. He never refilled our drinks except once and another server filled my glass. I know we may seem picky, but if we weren't in the neighborhood we wouldn't have bothered eating there. Our favorite Mexican restaurant 1900 Mexican Grill on Elizabeth in Charlotte was just a little farther away then we needed to go, but this experience taught us that we will drive the extra distance if we want quality, atmosphere, more food for the money, plus they actually care if something isn't right. The only good thing I can say about Los Arcos, is that the chips & salsa was good. Did we complain to management?? Of course we did, but we still had to pay the total bill (not a problem-we paid cash and NO TIP) and he just smiled like he could give a crap that we weren't happy. *Pardon my language.