All reviewsnespresso machinebreakfast is servedsky tvmaster suitebreakfast brought to our roomunderfloor heatingsofa bedbooked a weekend breakon arrivalshort drivesurrounding countrysidehare and houndsthank you for a lovelycentral bathbiscuitspark and rideenglish countryside
Reviewed 17 January 2018

my husband and i decided on a last minute getaway from our busy work schedules and we came across Brittons Farm quite secluded which was exactly what we were looking for but only 5 miles from bath where we intended to visit later for an evening meal we were met by Helen the owner who showed us to our room when she opened the door we both said WOW absolutely perfect! it was explained to us that there was a problem with the water as works were being carried out in the village, once we had settled in the room it was so cosy we decided to stay in Helen offered to go and get wine and nibbles for us which i have to say was very much appreciated, in the morning breakfast was delivered to our room delicious great start to the day, so thank you Helen great Host we will be returning for a longer stay

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank E4440SIinfo
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Our booking was in the main house which looks great as you walk up to it.. Upon arrival, there was no one answering the doorbell, the main door wouldn't open and there was no one in the courtyard or stable area. So, no sign of life but there was a mobile no. written on a piece of wood by the door.

Eventually a frosty voice answered the phone and told us to walk up the far end of the courtyard where someone would be waiting for us. Well they weren't, I had to knock on the kitchen door where I found someone ironing inside.

The bed was clean and comfortable but the room was tired to the point of needing redecoration, cobwebs removed and the floor swept. There were tourist leaflets in the drawer dating back to the late noughties and none were present day. The hot water was erratic, a common theme of customer reviews and the owner had to be contacted by mobile phone again. It didn't reflect the top price paid, whether near Bath or not, a top price deserves top facilities and top service. The owner would benefit from some customer service training. Send in Alex Polizzi.

Upon booking, be prepared that the full amount will taken from your plastic card prior to arrival. I've never come across any other hotel, guest house or bed & breakfast to do this. A refund was agreed, but wasn't received promptly.

The breakfast is served in the room as advertised on the website. If the whole operation of setting up the table and serving the food only took a few minutes that would be ok, however it took about twenty minutes and various parts went cold before it was all available to eat. Taking so much time, it felt like an invasion of personal space in your bedroom.

Room Tip: Don't choose the main house
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Moretea2Vicar
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We visited Brittons Farm for a couple of days when visiting Bath. It is a lovely place and the deluxe junior suite is perfect for families as it has a large bed and also a sofa bed. The bathroom was lovely with a roll top bath and large wet room. There were some negatives though as the underfloor heating was not working properly and the bathroom light flickered. The tap on one of the sinks also didn’t work well. The breakfast was served in our room which was amazing when we had two small children and it was very tasty! Would have been nice to have some more options like fresh fruit and yoghurt to start with though. Biscuits weren’t replenished each day which we did mention. Also owner is tricky to get hold of. Generally speaking it’s a lovely place and feels quite luxurious. However it is a shame that some negatives let it down. When you are paying £150 per night you just expect that bit more attention to detail.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Joanne E, Owner at Brittons Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

I am the owner of Brittons Farm, Thank you for your mainly positive comments, I would like to address the negatives in your review. WE DO offer Greek honey yoghurt with fresh berries for breakfast, it is also written on the menu that if you have any dietary requirements we are only to happy to accommodate guests requests. Biscuits are replenished each day, your husband did ask for more and upon his request we delivered more to your room. I leave my mobile number in all of the guests rooms as we are a working farm and at certain times of the day animals need to be attended to, we are not a hotel with a 24 hr concierge service, most guests staying here understand this and will often enjoy a walk around the farm with me at feeding times.
I am not sure what kind of establishment you have frequented previously but I absolutely object that our family suite for a family of four which includes full English breakfast served to your room, sky sports and movies, free parking, free wifi, The white company bubbles, hair products, espresso machines, mini fridge, complementary biscuits is not value for money.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Husband and I exploring the area booked here for one night when visiting Bath. We are totally not familiar with England--we're from Florida and this was our first trip to England. The bed was very comfortable and the entire place was charming. Good breakfast served in our suite was nice too.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Desiree626
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We booked through booking.com and were v disappointed. Room is nothing like picture. We arrived at 730 pm after long trip with 3 v tired kids. Sofa bed not put down ready and when I went to put it down there was a filthy used sheet still on bed which I promptly changed. Our main room had no windows just a main door so very stuffy. Floors were filthy to the point we had to wear socks. Breakfast was cold and late! Cutlery had left over food on it! We also then had an issue where we had to leave a day early due to unforeseen reason. I would not be writing this had the owner been reasonable enough to understand our reasons for leaving early and refund us one night!! However when you are paying the rates that they charge one expects service, cleanliness and a good attitude!! For the same price that brittons is charging you can stay almost at the priory in bath and I'm telling you you can't compare!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family