New River Inn and Cabins(Glendale Springs)(Great Value!)
US$89
Nation's Inn(West Jefferson)
US$56
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson(West Jefferson)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$76
Days Inn by Wyndham Wilkesboro(Wilkesboro)(Great Value!)
US$54
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$61/night.

US$103
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$66
US$61
US$135
US$123
Alleghany Inn(Sparta)(Great Value!)
US$80
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family has been going to Mountain View Cabins for several years. It is a beautiful, quiet, mountain setting. The cabins are well built and comfortable (not elaborate). It is a perfect place for a family reunion as each family can have their own cabin and mingle in the large outdoor common area equipped with fire pits and grills. We enjoy hiking and canoeing while there. Mountain tourist attractions are within an easy drive but we usually stay pretty close to Mountain View. Susan

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our July 4th weekend getaway with the family was Great. The setting was wonderful. The upgraded cabins were clean with plenty of room for the 3 of us. Our family occupied 4 of the cabins. They all we well kept up. The grounds were spacious and open but with areas if shade when it was getting warm. We were able to take day trips around the area for hiking to waterfalls as well as a canoe trip down the New River which was fun for all... Ages 9 to 74. Well worth the very reasonable price! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The cabin was very cute. However, due to the smells I will not return. Bedroom smelled like smoke, pillows like dirty, greasy hair, dishes and silverware were sticky, smell of sewage was awful. The septic tank must have needed to be emptied. Mice kept me awake. Futon was not only uncomfortable, it was hazardous. The cushion to sit on hung over the frame more than a foot. Futon cushion also smelled like the greasy-hair smell on pillows. There were mice droppings. The small shower stall did not have adjustable nozzle or adjustable water spray. One cannot get any water on body to rinse off easily. Perhaps this is reason for greasy-hair smelling pillows--you can't get water on your hair. The manager there was very nice and helpful though it was impossible for her to get rid of problems. She offered to move me to a different cabin, but I figured it would have the same problems.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanne M
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband, our two dogs and I stayed in the Pines Cabin Friday October 25-Sunday October 27th. I highly recommend these cabins to folks who want to go enjoy the mountains during the fall, but isn't fond of crowds and a lot of traffic, and who have pets they like to take with them on vacations. For $135 a night, I'd call this cabin a real bargain, with a King and Queen bed, a small kitchen with stove top (no oven but there is a toaster oven available), gas log fire place, a huge two person jacuzzi tub and a nice deck off the main bedroom that overlooks the wooded area behind the cabin. I fell in love with the cabin the minute I walked in, and actually teared up when I saw a bag on the table that said "For Our Furry Guests" which had dog treats in it - it had such a homey feel to it. A nice perk is you can walk a very short distance down the driveway and get on the Mountains To Sea Trail, and walk as far as you want. The sites along the trail were beautiful, including a small creek that ran through. We're planning on going back next fall!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

'Whitetop' cabin looks and feels new....is very quaint and easy to relax in. It also had its own personal firepit/grill/picnic table and enough open space adjacent to the cabin for our two young boys to run around and play. The Jacuzzi tub is....well, you'll just have to experience it for yourself! The fireplace kept the kitchen, living room and loft cozy and warm as the overnight temperatures dropped. Oh, and it has DirecTV, so I was able to catch a little college football, Hurricanes hockey, Panthers football, and the end of the race in Talledega....when we weren't out on the Parkway or grilling hotdogs or roasting marshmallows outside.

My family and I really enjoyed our 2-night stay, which wasn't nearly long enough.

I got to speak with both of the owners (husband-wife) over the phone, and both were very nice and a pleasure to talk to and do business with.

My wife and I have stayed here several years ago before we had kids, under different ownership and the cabins were okay but aging. The new owners rebuilt the cabins -- they still seem like new and are simply fun to stay in, right off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

We will be back....hopefully sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: The two 2-bedroom cabins overlook the rest of the property from the front porches (nice for letting kids play outside), while the six 1-bedroom cabins have nice tall balcony decks from the bedroom overlooking the wooded mountainside.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family