“Reliable, Professional Service, Good Food”

Bay Breeze Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 206 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 17 April 2018

This is right around the corner from our house and one of our go-to staples for nights we don't want to cook. It looks like an old car dealership, but don't judge the book by its cover. It is a nice, clean, spacious restaurant that has always had fast, professional service. The food has always been pretty good, and I have never had a bad experience here.

The portions are a good size too. It's not like one of those hoity toity restaurants downtown where you pay $25 for more empty plate than food when the waiter brings it out. Nope - the plate lands with a thud when they bring it out, and you never leave hungry.

There is also a good variety for all appetites. My wife HATES seafood, but has always been able to find something good to eat on the menu. Oh, and their desserts - don't get me started on that! The German Chocolate Cake was amazing apparently - I'm on a diet, so I'll have to trust my wife's word on that.

I mean, it's NOT the most AMAZING restaurant I have ever eaten, but its stable, reliable, and pretty good, and we will definitely eat there again. It's like the Certified Pre-Owned Honda Accord of restaurants.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Came up for a conference and wanted some seafood. Bay Breeze Restaurant was recommended so I went. I ordered the Bay Breeze Special Fried Platter. Lots of food and everything was delicious!! The ladies who took and prepared my order were very nice and the service was prompt. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We all had different dishes and all were great. The fried entrees were nicely done and the broiled were equally good. The breading is light so it does not over-power the dish.

If I had one complaint, I would say that the $4 upcharge for adding scallops to a combo dish is a bit high considering the number of sc as lips involved, but that is pretty minor. The Cole slaw could also be better, but the onion rings and sweet potato fries were outstanding. Even the hush puppies are good. Service was attentive and courteous.

Overall, this restaurant is highly recommended and should be much higher on the list than 32nd.

1  Thank William O
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

The line was out the door, but got seated quickly. We had the special that was well priced at $10. Great sweet tea and carrot cake.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I had the Fried Captain’s Platter with Alaskan White Fish, Flounder, Jumbo Shrimp, Devil Crab, and Scallops. They had a new side item called Baked Potato Salad that was delicious!!! It tastes sorta like a loaded baked potato.
We had a new waitress in training that did a GREAT job!!! The BEST seafood period!!! Their jumbo shrimp really are jumbo with lots of meat! Their food is not greasy tasting! We will be back!