Hampton Inn Edenton(Edenton)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$119
Hampton.com
US$85
US$80
Comfort Inn Elizabeth City(Elizabeth City)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$59
Travelers Inn(Elizabeth City)
US$74
All reviewsfresh eggscountry breakfastguest roomsb and bnext morningjoeblueberryhostsantiquesfurnishingsguestsgoats
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

This was the first time staying here. The room was amazing with everything you need and luxury needs (tv, snacks, ironed bed sheets, etc.) as well. Our room was very comfortable and greeted with true southern charm of fresh pecans on our bed. Very accommodating and Ms Mary went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of and had everything we needed. This felt like a home away from home and is a must stay place when visiting Hertford, NC. I️ know I️ will stay again my next visit!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017

This will be the place you compare all other places to. If you're accustomed to a hotel experience let me introduce you to the next level of traveling. The facilities are amazing, beds comfortable, wifi greatly functional, the breakfast beyond your dreams. The hosts are amazing. You can be private or you can be sociable. The grounds are beautiful. Take from someone who spent over 50 days at this facility, you don't want to miss this if you are staying in the area. Mary and Joe are a wealth of info their families having lived in the area for centuries. When you enter the sign reads " Come as strangers leave as friends" is the truest statement I've ever read

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the house. I tried them all
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Mary and Joe White could not be better hosts. There was homemade pie in the afternoon and blueberry everything for breakfast the next morning. The bed was comfortable and nice and cool (hot spell). They have a new pond which is lovely. I also enjoyed strolling the grounds checking out the chickens and goats. Got to pick fresh figs too.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2017

What a great place this is - quiet, peaceful, farmlike. We stayed a year ago and again this month (July 2017). My in-laws both have knee issues that were easily accommodated by assignment of the one downstairs room (with twin beds). The two upstairs guest rooms have queen sized beds. The home is furnished in antiques that are lovely and functional. The hosts, Mary and Joe, treated us like family; they had a nice bowl of grapes in our rooms on arrival and a couple of afternoons during our stay had freshly baked lemon meringue pie and homemade cake with pineapple filling. Every morning Mary and Joe had a field-hand sized breakfast ready of the most delicious fresh eggs (from the farm), bacon, sausages, blueberry and pecan bread pudding, french toast, and always a fruit parfait. While I would like to keep this place a secret just for me, I have to let others know what a fabulous experience we had there. I highly recommend staying with Mary and Joe at Springfield Bed & Breakfast.

Room Tip: Downstairs room (twin beds) is best for those with slight mobility issues.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cat C
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here twice. Once for 2 nights, once for one night.
The inn is a big, old, country farmhouse. Really nice, well kept, and nicely decorated. The owners, Mary and Joe could not be more hospitable. We were treated like family right from our first time meeting with them.

The breakfasts are wonderful. Forget about a dry muffin, runny oatmeal, and watery orange juice like you get at a motel. Mary serves delicious breakfasts and more variety than you could ask for.
Highly recommended.