The Inn at Hickory
US$134
US$88
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

Quality Suites(Hickory)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$159
Courtyard
US$119
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My colleague and I stayed at the Inn at Hickory last week (mid-May), and I agree 100% with what Carl O and PTYtravelers wrote. The house is elegant and comfortable, the food is delicious and plentiful. The coffee is truly good--as Carl said, that's practically unheard of. There was nothing I wanted that I didn't have at the Inn. My room was on the second floor and had a spacious en suite bathroom, shining hardwood floors (nice attention to small details: high quality bath soap! soft and absorbent towels!). The room was spotless, had a VERY comfortable bed, was well-lit, and had a ceiling fan and AC unit, although I was fortunate that since it's a cool spring, I was able to have the window open and get enough cool air to be perfectly comfortable. My room also had a daybed--which I used as a chaise longue. I liked the lock system--easy and convenient. Not a big fan of the TV setup, but since the lighting was good, I read my book. Chaz is a terrific host, and we really enjoyed the breakfasts. Chaz made a point of arranging things for our convenience. We will DEFINITELY stay here again when returning to Hickory!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms will be quiet--the house is in the middle of a large lot in a quiet residential neighborhood. I can imagine that the second floor would be warmer if the weather was hot, but the ceiling fans and AC should be able to handle it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Carolyn L
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The Inn at Hickory is top notch. We enjoyed our lovely accomodations in this inn located in a quiet neighborhood. Our room was super clean & cozy with attractive decor and even included a fireplace! Chaz, the inn owner, was very hospitable & helpful throughout our stay. The breakfast was outstanding and our only regret was not being able to stay longer so that we could try out ALL the breakfast options! Delicious egg dishes, banana bread, waffles, fruit, hash browns, etc. This is the place to stay if you're ever in Hickory. Excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PTYtravelers
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This is a lovely Inn that provides a great breakfast and snacks. Lots of good advice from a very pleasant and knowledgeable host - Chaz
Some little housekeeping details need attention but really pleasant anyway. Very comfortable and a good location. Great value.

Room Tip: All rooms looked comfortable. We had a room in the front. It was quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KHepburn
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My wife and I recently traveled to Hickory, NC for an overnight business trip. After researching the area hotel price points we decided that a B&B was the way to go. Having the trip scheduled during the week of our anniversay also swayed us to be a little more pampered. This property had great reviews so we decided on the Inn at Hickory, and we were glad we did. The only reason that I didn't give this an 'excellent' rating was that our bathroom was a liitle worn from use (a good thing I guess), and was a bit small and dated (except for the way-cool shower).

We were in the Thomasville room on the first floor, and it was large, very clean and quiet, and the queen bed was comfortable (great pillowtop-but-firm mattress). I always want for a sitting area and this room did not have one, but it did have a chair, an extra large dresser, and plenty of closet space. This was the only room on the first floor and we chose it due to not having to take our luggage and things up the stairs, as well as it having a TV. When we viewed the other rooms, we noticed the upstairs was rather warm on the hot July day and that the three upstais rooms all had window AC units to assist the central system. One of the rooms was to be used that night and the window AC unit was on and the room was perfectly cool. Our first floor room was extra cool, which is just how we like it for sleeping. I believe all of the rooms had ceiling fans.

The in-town lot was large and inviting, but not on a day that approached 100 degrees!!!! My wife went out on the porch to check things out but didn't stay long due to the heat.

Chaz the owner was very helpful and friendly, and is a trained chef, so it's no wonder the breakfasts were the highlight. You won't go hungry no matter how big your appitite is, and everything was excellent. You have many great choices for breakfast, including when and where you eat, so this fact alone should convince people to stay here. And even the coffee was outstanding (usually a weak point wherever we stay). Highlights include pecan or regular waffles, Monte Cristos, sausage fritatas, omlets, eggs any way you want them, bacon and sauage, and hashbrowns. Choices of juices, toast, jellies, etc. continue to show that Chef Chaz knows what he is doing and how to please his guests. Then there is the starter fruit plate with his homemade pastries and breads. Just outstanding in every way other than the effect on the wasitline. Had no lunch that day to make up for it ;-)

Chaz was a great host, made us feel welcomed, and provided everything we desired. We would not hesitate to stay here again if the opportunity presents itself in the future. The other guest and I agreed that sleeping here felt like home. Not sure that I can give much higher praise, even if the bathrooms were a bit dated in this 100 year-old house !!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank MuleHead2
Reviewed 29 June 2012

THE HICKORY INN, HICKORY NORTH CAROLINA

Stay 8-10 June 2012.

The Inn is a beautiful old farm home, well maintained and very comfortable. The grounds are lovely to stroll around. A side porch is great for sitting and watching squirrels and birds, or reading and chatting. The house is set back from the road a good 100 feet with a large front yard and huge old trees that make for a great setting.
Chas. the Inn keeper, is very friendly and made an excellent suggestion for dinner on our arrival. He made us feel welcome with his initial briefing about the house and how to use the keyless entry system. He was there when needed to be but not obtrusive. We stayed in the “Thomasville” room which has a queen size bed, a fireplace (which we did not use in June), and private bath on the ground floor. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets and coverings were top notch. The bathroom was large and came equipped with a wiz bang tub and shower that had its own operating manual (a sheet telling you what all the levers and buttons did).
The breakfast was excellent. Coffee is available early and Chas asks the night before what time you would like breakfast. Since there was only one other couple in residence, I don’t know if he staggers times so there is only one couple eating at a time, but we dined alone both mornings. He starts you out with fruit and pastries and a printed menu from which to select your breakfast. A printed menu contained probably 8-10 items that would meet anyone’s desires. The food was presented nicely and of excellent taste. The ham Frittata, ham and cheese omelet, and Pecan waffle we can recommend as that is what we had during our stay. Chas was there checking on any needs we might have, but left us to having our breakfast in private. Overall, our stay at the Hickory Inn was an enjoyable, relaxing experience

Room Tip: The "Thomasville" room is where we stayed. It is the only room on the ground floor. Very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family