“Enjoyable”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

gopmoment...
Philadelphiia
“Some good some bad”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

This is the first time we stayed on the Emerald isle and Grande Villa G8. Intially we were quite impressed with the condo. However the first night there was a large bug that looked like a roach in the master bedroom that fell from the ceiling and onto the bedroom floor. I finally found it and killed it so my wife could sleep. This was one of many large bugs that were in the condominiums
as well as the balcony. Exterminator needed. The sink was clogged and wouldn't drain. Called Maintenance but ended up plunging it myself. No water pressure or hot water in any shower or sink.Water wall in foyer leaked all over floor. Pull out sofa bed in loft was unusable, all the springs were missing. And my daughter and Husband had to sleep on the floor the entire week.We stayed for hurricane Arthur and luckily for the Condo owner we did. The so called hurricane proof windows leaked all over the place and would surely caused damage to the dining room and family room if we hadn't been there to capture all of the water. The Front door blew open on its own even though it was dead bolted. Three of us had to sit in chairs to hold the door closed so the wind and rain wouldn't get into the condo.Pool was very dirty on several occasions like the filter wasn't working.I was lucky to have my adult children with me to work the television, three remotes to operate one tv and 1 of the remotes needed batteries. Carpets were filthy with stains all over. Please don't get the impression that this condo isn't worth the money, it is. However I think the owners are being taken advantage of by the cleaning and maintenance contractors. I gave the real estate company a list of the problems but I never got a call or email to discuss. Hopefully the owners read this and see for themselves that there condo isn't being maintained the way it should be. Beautiful location and the groundskeepers did a phenominal job prior to and after the hurricane.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Virginia
Reviewed 29 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Recommended for:
Older travelers
Stacyskla...
“A beautiful condo, but Grande Villas should not be advertised as a "resort".”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Our family stayed at the Grande Villas, unit 8-G from July 14-21st, 2013.

First the good!

We have ways gone to Corolla in the Outer Banks. This year we wanted something less touristy. Well, Emerald Isle is great, not crowded, great restaurants.......our favorite is the Crab Shack!!!, water sports are great, no traffic at all. A nice aquarium, movie theaters. Town of Beaufort is 20 min away and is as charming as they come! Just a lovely place Emerald Isle is!!

Upon entering 8-G, we were taken back by the wonderful views of the ocean and the beautifully decorated condo. It truly is a great place to rent for the week. The owner has provided everything you need for a great vacation......the kitchen is stocked with everything....I mean everything you could possibly need! Good knives, cookware, cutting boards, bakeware, Pier one dishes!!! coffee maker and grinder! garbage bags, dish soap, hand soap, great dishes, ice cream maker, martini and wine glasses, a bar set up with everything needed to make a great beach cocktail. The deck was massive and the views are just amazing! The loft has pool table, dice game, pinball machine, chess, checkers, Wii, play station..........great for kids. The unit is amazing!!!!!!

Now the not so good....-

Upon arriving at the "resort", the front desk person barely looked up from her magazine to greet us. There was only 1 luggage cart available for use for the entire building.

The waterfall in the entrance of the unit wasn't working. The cleaning staff told us someone would be up to fix it.....never happened.

The bed in the master (larger one) has a "mock" sleep number bed.......doesn't work. Bed was flat the entire week, despite calling the front desk and rental company.

The comforter set (decorative pillows and coverlet) in the master and the bedroom with bunk beds was stained and obviously not cleaned between rentals.

They advertise that chairs/umbrellas are set up...yes this is true if you can find the one employee that does this. He also does handy man work in building. Yes, he does put out a few chairs in the morning but those get taken up immediately. We had to drag loungers and find the few umbrellas that actually worked and set them up ourselves. Oh, the handyman leaves at 6:00 pm so if you are still at beach using chairs/umbrellas, he'll be sure to tell you that 6:00 is cutoff time and they must be returned.

"Grill" at pool is really pre-made food that is heated up.

Yes there are nice tv's in unit, but perhaps a "how to" manual to figure out how to turn them on?????

Back to my comment about Grande Villas being advertised as a "resort"......we realized by day two of our week that the staff was aloof towards us because the place is not a resort. If it were a resort, they would go out if their way to cater to all the needs of the resort guests. This is in fact a condo building that is run daily by a management team that the HOA hires to run the building. Their job is not to cater to weekly renters but to manage the day to day responsibilities of the building.

Value Location
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

DC
Reviewed 21 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Management Response
21 Jul 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at Grande Villas 8G. It pleases me to know that you did enjoy the location and grounds of Grande Villas.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the condition of the condo. Since your stay, the owner has added a water softener so the issue of the discolored water no longer exists. The curtains in the Oceanfront bedrooms were selected to allow natural light to flow into the condo. As for the smell, our housekeeping department would have gladly come to the property to spray in an effort to eliminate the odor. Please let us know of such issues during your stay so we can work to correct it.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will return to Emerald Isle Realty and Grande Villas. We are booking for 2012 so call us when you begin planning your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing