“Dining al fresco”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

My family had a really special dining experience at The Marina Cafe. We had no reservations, yet the Marina Cafe seated our extended family of 9 quickly at 2 tables pushed together, outdoors by the waterfront. It was a nice accommodation .
And the weather was lovely, warm and breezy.

We had a peck of steamed OYSTERS as a Starter. The Manager was a sweetheart and shucked the oysters at our table side.
We also had some interesting BEERS. I had a grapefruit IPA that reminded me of Ballast Point Sculpin (San Diego). My daughter had a Voodoo IPA. Both were great beers.

I had an order of lightly battered & fried FLOUNDERS with sautéed vegetables of zucchini & squash, mushrooms & red bell pepper. I also had rice pilaf and hush puppies. Others ordered fried flounder sandwiches, a hamburger, shrimp lightly dusted with flour & fried, shrimp fajitas, & fried clam strips. Every one was satisfied with their meals. I am visiting from San Diego, California, so I was especially happy to have flounder from the East Coast.

The owner, Captain Bob, is an easy going guy who came over and talked with us. He humored us by posing with us for a photo. He even introduced us to his parrot , Jack, of 20 years. He's quite charming.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Unreal meal of crab legs and sides.
Service was brilliant, atmosphere was great, weather was perfect.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Food is always good. We've been there many times. Drinks outside on the patio overlooking the water is great.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Best crab dip around!! The food is yummy and cooked to perfection! Kevin has got to be the best cook they have, hostess is sweet, all the managers were friendly, the servers we're happy and welcoming. They're like one big family there, it's great and the view is even better.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

They seemed disorganized about seating when we arrived. We finally were seated out on the deck. One of us had fried seafood platter. He said it was not good. Poorly prepared. French fries tasted old and were limp. My broiled shrimp didn't have a bad taste but they were very small. We heard another customertell the waitress that the meat on his fajitas was full of gristle.

Would not recommend this restaurant.