“Great food. Great price.”
Review of Glenn's BBQ

Glenn's BBQ
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in Jonesville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 November 2016

We stopped at Glenn's for the first time today for lunch and were very impressed. The quality of the food outshined the other eat-in places in the area and for a reasonable price at that. Will definitely be going back. The hushpuppies are out of this world.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

Heard about Glen's and first chance to give them a try. Closed Sunday's and that's when we usually go out for breakfast and a drive. Busy diner - friendly, fast and good home style cooking. Sign advertises Lexington BBQ so guess we'll have to come back.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Driving through and looking for local bbq. Keep looking. This is a local spot and it was very busy with locals and service is awesome but food lacking. The menu had all kinds of food choices not just bbq and mainly not BBQ.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 7 June 2015

I don't normally write restaurant reviews, but I was compelled to write one after I visited Glenn's Restaurant in Jonesville, NC. I was driving back to Charlotte on Hwy 21 with my sister and my son after spending the day nearby. We were all pretty hungry, and we decided to stop at Glenn's after we saw the number of cars in the parking lot, as well as the sign advertising "Lexington Style" BBQ (best kind of BBQ there is). I had high hopes for this place as we entered the building. A patron held the door for us on his way out, and I remember thinking something along the lines of "there's nothing better than southern hospitality." But as soon as we were inside, there was a distinct lack of hospitality of any kind. We stood at the front for a minute or two, but no one said anything. This was odd, because the kitchen and wait staff are all kind of right there in front of the door. There were a good number of people there for the time of day, but the place wasn't terribly busy. The patrons seemed like regulars, mostly an older crowd, but not particularly "unfriendly" looking. The staff, on the other hand, seemed to be going out of their way to avoid speaking to us. It was strange. There were a number of staff members within earshot of me, but none of them made themselves available or attentive-looking long enough for me to say "excuse me, what does a girl have to do to get a meal in this place?" My child was becoming antsy, so we decided to go ahead and sit down since no one told us otherwise. I'm still not sure if you are supposed to seat yourself, or order at the counter, or what... but of course no one came to the table. So we announced to my son that we had to find someplace else to eat and of course the hungry kid protested and I practically had to drag him to the door... Once again, the staff was so close, yet SO FAR AWAY from being willing to say anything to us, or offer us a drink or a menu or a "someone will be right with you." And this was a slowwww exit. There were plenty of opportunities for someone to say ANYTHING to us. But it seems they don't really give a darn. I spent many years as an employee at a restaurant, and if there is one thing I learned, it is that there is NEVER an excuse to ignore a customer. Ever. All you have to do to make someone feel welcome is say "Hi, be right with you." To leave a hungry customer who is just dying to pay you money for a meal hanging around without a clue what to do is just inexcusable and incredibly rude. We were just two regular ladies and a toddler looking for a nice little place to have lunch. We don't smell bad, we aren't gross looking, we are nice people. So I don't really understand why the staff of Glenn's restaurant thinks it is okay to pick and choose their customers. I've never been treated that way at a restaurant before, and I hope it never happens to anyone else.

Bottom Line: Go someplace else. If you want Lexington BBQ, go to Lexington. Most of their restaurants would be happy to serve anyone.

Date of visit: July 2014
1  Thank lmadams87
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

Not a Bbq restaurant but a good place to eat!! Service is great. Will be going back. Very clean and great atmosphere.

Date of visit: April 2015