All reviewssmall refrigeratoroff the highwayking bedwould stay againodourpetbugsnoisetvnc
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Stayed on way back to Ohio from Florida, great overnight stop in between. Hotel is a little strange on the way it sits along interstate but not hard to find. Made a reservation a month ahead and got a great rate, called couple days before arrival to discuss a room change from one king to two queens and management was more than happy to help. Overall a nice little old school hotel to stay at for a night or two. Not fancy but clean, comfortable and rooms are large. Some things need updating but you can tell they are working on getting things updated little by little. Lobby needs to be the first thing updated and have a place for guests to arrive and feel welcome. Talking through a window like you are in a pawn shop is not guest friendly. I liked that the place still had smoking rooms available if you wanted and that they didn't make you feel like a second class citizen if you did, rooms didn't smell of smoke either. Only cons if you will, but nothing that would be a deal breaker is no hair dryers, need fitted sheets on beds, updated room keys and get some new flat screen televisions soon. The room has a window air built into the wall but it worked great and kept the room cool and comfortable. Overall this place was clean, comfortable and a real bargain for the price. With a few more future updates this place will be very nice. WIFI worked well and was free. I have paid a lot more for rooms that were way worse than these could ever be and they were at big chain hotels. I think the owners are doing a great job with what they are doing and just need to keep up the good work and customers will come back. I will be making this my go to stop when traveling 77 from now on.

Room Tip: Get flat screens, better key system, and add a hair dryer to the rooms along with some extra outlets for phones and computers.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
abvijonesville, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Jonesville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear

michaelvD7393ZS

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Was great for a one night stay with the price. It takes a while for the water to get hot, but then it's hot. Clean spacious rooms, beds are firm. They only give 3 pillows per bed - so when there's four people staying ....... fridge, microwave and mini coffee maker in room. Has a "window unit" type air conditioner, but works ok. If we come back up this way I would probably stay there again

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2017

We stayed at America's Best Value Inn, Jonesville NC in 10/2013 for an overnight rest stop.
We look for a budget priced place when traveling, that is non-smoking, inviting and pet friendly. Because we are budget minded, we don’t expect the Taj Mahal, but we do expect a clean, bug free room in a safe location. This hotel met those qualifications.
COMMENTS:
ROOM: Included: King bed, dresser, TV, remote, couch/chair, table, microwave, small refrigerator. Furniture was a mix of new and well used items such as the older TV, which worked very well. Carpeting looks fairly new, but edges were dusty (like home). Especially liked the special touch of the welcome prayer titled "The Stranger Within our Gates" displayed in the room.
BUGS: There was no evidence of bugs (I looked!).
ELECTRICAL OUTLET: You had to look for an outlet that was available to use to charge the electronics. (The first one we tried, turned off with the wall light switch)
ODORS: Smelled clean.
AREA: Noise level was normal, and I felt comfortable in the area.
RATING SCALE: Let me point out my "rating scale". An average rating means clean, but there was dust along the floor boards. I give an "excellent" ONLY to places that have absolutely no dust buildup anywhere (including corners).
I use the following scale when rating:
1 star: Yuck… would not return
2 star: Slightly better, but still would not return
3 star: Budget priced, with issues that may or may not have been resolved OR higher priced location with unresolved issues.
4 star: Either a budget priced location with no issues OR a higher priced location with issues that were resolved
5 star: Either a budget priced location with no issues and the room and surrounding area was absolutely clean, newer, well appointed with a hot breakfast provided OR a higher priced location with expected greatness due to being a higher priced location and EVERYTHING was worth paying the extra price.

Bottom line, 3 stars or better indicate I was satisfied and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Outstanding place to stay when visiting wineries. The young lady running both the front desk and breakfast area was great. She was extremely friendly and shared suggestions about the region. Great breakfast offerings. Rooms were big and very clean. Entrance is right off of I-77.

Room Tip: Reserve through Best Western app and apply AAA discount.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Check-in was fast and courteous. The room was quiet and clean. Bed was comfortable and the room did not have any curious odours. Located easily off the Interstate. I travelled solo (female) and felt safe here. I would definetely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
abvijonesville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Jonesville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear sunlover40Central
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what we did correct! We appreciate all our guest!