“Just go so people will think you're a local”
Review of Food Dudes

Food Dudes
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Makes travelers feel like they've been here like old pros...the locals stink anyway, stay a vacationer

1  Thank tattersj

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Having discovered Food Dudes a couple of years ago, my wife and I stopped by for dinner on our anniversary trip to the Outer Banks. We had been very impressed with the food on our initial visit and really wanted to see if that had been a fluke. It wasn't.

Food Dudes Kitchen is a *small* place with limited seating, but if you are lucky enough to get a seat you're in for a treat. My wife got the Black-n-Blue burger and loved it. I got the Cornmeal Fried Mahi Mahi wrap and it was some of the best seafood I've had in a long time. There was a bottle of Food Dudes Habanero Sauce on the table and I tried it on the wrap....on a drop by drop basis. Good stuff but it will light up your life if you go overboard with it!

I'm not at all sure what the "nothing special" reviews are all about because we love the place and this has become one of our "must eat at" restaurants along with the Jolly Roger and the Thai Room when we get to the Outer Banks.

1  Thank lowboync
Reviewed 28 December 2011

FRESH FRESH Food from the Food Dudes......Small Restaurant on the Beach Road, but you will love it.
Not Fast Food as they make everything to order......Did I say it was Fresh? I usually order the fresh fish wraps and my wife loves the veggie quesadilla.

1  Thank Theklug
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The name alone made us want to try it. The staff at our hotel also recommended it. It is a small cafe in a strip mall about a block from the beach. It has a lot of surfer decor, and surfing videos played on the TVs. The food was outstanding and reasonably priced. I had a salad with grilled salmon and a peppery dressing that was delicious. My wife had eggs Benedict served southern-style with ham and biscuits, also really good. One son had a great pulled pork BBQ sandwich, the other enjoyed nachos. We're going back again before we head home.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Don't let the size or location fool you. This place has a great chef/owner in the kitchen. It's small but if you want to taste something special try Food Dudes. Their daily specials are fantastic and they have the BEST waffle fries on the beach, get them as an appetizer - yummy. The tuna is local and always fresh as is all their local fish. Fish tacos are to die for.