“Never made it”

Kill Devil Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Starting September 1, 2020 the grill will be open for inside and outside dining as we all as call in carry out for curbside pickup. Please visit our website thekilldevilgrill.com and click on one of the black "special" buttons to view our current menu offerings
Reviewed 21 August 2021

i tried 3 times to eat here based on a recommendation by my airBnb host. The first time I called to make a reservation and was laughed at then i asked for take out and was told "not unless you want it after 9:00" The next night I stopped in at 5:00 and asked to place a take out order. a very stressed waitress snapped "online only" I tried online and it said 9:00 was the first available. I totally understand you are understaffed and over worked but this attitude is going to loose you business...maybe that would be a good thing since your nerves are frayed. I tried another place and got the same answer but "No I'm sorry hun, we are slammed, please try again, if you call or come by 4:30 we can sure help you."

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (2,291)

Reviewed 20 August 2021

Got there early secondary to reviews... husband had soft shell crabs . He said they had a “burnt taste”believe me he has had many soft shell crabs. The sword fish and grits good .... just have had much better meals on the outer banks . Wouldn’t leave beach to go early again for dinner.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

Homemade apple crisp, smoked wings with sauce, rib eye, spaghetti strawberry shortcake was all delish delish delish

Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

I had seared scallops that were done perfectly! My family had burgers and ribs that they also really enjoyed! Service was very good and food served quickly!

Reviewed 6 August 2021

Kill Devil Grill had been recommended to me years ago from a friend who had just returned from OBX. Recently, my hubby and I were searching for a place close to where we were staying and passed by the KDG, and I remembered my friend's recommendation. I said, "Not much to look at, but let's give it a try." From the outside it looks like a small retro diner. DO NOT be fooled! Once inside there is all sorts of seating and we were sat at a two-person high-top table in the front of the restaurant.

Boy am I glad tried this phenomenal place! This could quite possibly be the best food I've ever had in OBX, except I love crab and shrimp, but chose not to try that here, so next time I will review the seafood. While waiting the 45 minutes to be seated (prime time 6pm, which I did not think was bad), I asked others waiting what KDG was known for. I quickly surmised that I would be ordering the Back Yard Wings and Cheese Steak Eggrolls for my meal.

I am from Pennsylvania and we can throw down some serious wings of every kind and flavor. The Kill Devil Grill Wings were the BEST I have ever had in my life--without exaggeration! Pictured below, I was told the process of making these wings takes 3 full days. The smoked meat fell right off the bone and the tangy vinegary sauce was out-of-this-world. Seriously an incredible experience for my palate. Onto the Eggrolls. Again, unique, weird, and absolutely delicious. Between the two, and my husband eating one of each, I was stuffed!

Let me tell you about the staff. EVERYWHERE in OBX is overworked and understaffed due to workers not being able to afford to live there this summer because real estate and living expenses have tripled due to COVID. ALL restaurant are taking turns closing two days/nights per week because they do not have staff to man their establishments 7-days per week. It is bad, truly bad. There were no less than 4 different staff members who visited our table, many more than once. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful. Customer comfort and satisfaction is definitely job one at the Kill Devil Grill.

This was a fabulous, tasty, memorable dinner that is sure to be repeated every visit to OBX. Mischelle Moyer, Harrisburg, PA

Date of visit: July 2021