“Come hungry! ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went for breakfast, come early- before 9 or 10, and parking and wait won’t be too bad. I got a meal with pancake instead of toast and gave that to my 3 year old. I also shared my side of baked apples that I would recommend getting instead of grits or home fries (also good though!) and gave that to my other girl, so me and both girls ate off one plate and were all happy. They also have a playground outside for kiddos of long wait time and give the kids pirate hats and patches!

1  Thank Holly G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,275)

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

While in the OBX for a weekend and it being off season, it was hard to find restaurants open let alone open for breakfast. In searching what was close to our hotel we came upon Jolly Roger, and it was by far the best meal we had all weekend. From the service to the coffee and perfect waffles and grits, my boyfriend and I came back here a second time in a 3 day stay!

1  Thank Ses73317
sgodwin_1, Manager at Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for the awesome reply!!! I hope that we will be one of your mainstays while visiting the OBX! Come see us soon! Susan/day manager

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We went for our biannual visit to the outer banks and Jolly Rogers is always a must. It never disappoints and this trip was no different. Jacob was our server. He was very nice, efficient and prompt. We went Saturday 3-10-18 @ 5. Busy. We never felt rushed or neglected. Even though his section was full the entire time we were there. The lady at the front (hosting) was wonderful and a young lady at the front desk was very friendly and engaging. The foojust keeps getting better and better. Pride is certainly taken in. preparation by the chef. We were once again more than pleased!

2  Thank Tammy Z
sgodwin_1, Public Relations Manager at Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Tammy,
What s wonderful review . Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I. Will certainly let the staff know what a great job they did. Looking forward to you returning.
Sherri Marsicano
Marketing/Management

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

So yes it’s a local favorite and for good reason. It’s amazing and not bad prices. Large portions, friendly staff and fast. Order the trash plate-no really that’s what they call it. It’s all things breakfast!

1  Thank usseffb
sgodwin_1, Manager at Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thanks so much for the great review!!! Come see us soon....your trash plate awaits u!!! -Susan/manager

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Even if you have not been there before, they treat you like family. :Their French Dip is very satisfying, as is their Fish & Chips. The wait staff is attentive and helpful. I highly recommend the seafood lasagna and any of the chicken dishes, You might want to get a coupon book first at Kmart (which is within walking distance). Highly recommend the daily specials, too.

1  Thank Jane P

What a great compliment! We want all of our customers to feel like family!! We have that a return trip to see us is in short order! Susan/manager