We had never visited Kill Devil Hills before, and honestly, for $65 a night at Shutters, we weren't expecting a whole lot when we stayed there between 2/17 and 2/19/12. But we were blown away by how terrific it was! Like others have mentioned, the staff were extremely friendly, the rooms were comfortable (fridge, microwave, Wi-Fi, private balcony, etc.), and the lobby was so clean that you could eat off the floors. Not that you would. They have tables for that. But you could...
Anyhoo, the whole place exudes a quality that belies it's extremely affordable price. I've stayed in hotels that cost twice as much that aren't half as nice. The owners/management clearly take pride in the property. Throw in an amazing ocean view room on the 4th floor and complimentary breakfast (not a big breakfast selection, but considering the price for our stay, it was a nice touch). We couldn't believe our good fortune at finding such a little gem of a hotel -- it really helped make the weekend one to remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, AAE Travel Pte Ltd and Booking.com so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Kill Devil Hills, NC - Outer Banks