Carter Lodge(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$144
Hickory Falls Guesthouse(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$239
Mountain Lodge(Flat Rock)(Great Value!)
US$249
Mountain Inn & Suites(Flat Rock)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hotels.com
Willowbrook Inn(Lake Lure)
Hotels.com
Travelocity
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from these sites
Fox Run Resort(Lake Lure)
No availability for your dates from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

If my review were based solely on the staff, it would be a 5. Unfortunately the facility is in dire need of attention...owners, you are aware of this; I cannot imagine the number of complaints your staff deal with while they care for and promote your business.

I'll start with the pros:

1. Location is great, right below Chimney Rock. Broad River is also within view.
2. It's in Lake Lure which is a lovely town
3. Staff were friendly and generous!
4. Tiki Bar has decent prices and yummy fried snacks (Renee = awesome!)
5. Pool was clean, though it was too cold to swim in January
6. HVAC unit was new
7. Hot water was plentiful
8. Sincerely, kind and attentive staff

Cons:
1. Trying to be kind...antiquated/ugly decor, cheap repair jobs (ceiling was covered with soffit material) paper towels were crammed into ceiling corners to fill gaps from poor workmanship
2. No hangers
3. Outlets were inconveniently located, none by the beds and none close enough to a mirror (made it difficult to use a flat iron) and outlets were loose, plugs fall out easily
4. No stands for luggage
5. Thin walls, a bit noisy if you have loud neighbors
6. Obvious need for major overhaul everywhere (though there were workers building a new deck...this could be the beginning)
7. Some rooms have plug in space heaters
8. Complimentary coffee was icky-weak
9. Old mattresses wreak havoc on back and hips
10. Soap only, no conditioner, shampoo or lotion
11. Pillows...old
12. Big gaps between door and door frame, one can see daylight.

This place has so much potential

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank OHhorses
Reviewed 11 October 2015

We love this little quiet place. Yes it's old, a vintage motor lodge. Updated, not restored. Doesn't matter, you know what you're getting. Prices are reasonable, staff is great - very accommodating. Small outdoor pool is always clean and inviting. The riverside view is relaxing and the tiki bar is an experience we love repeating.

Room Tip: Larger ones are better.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AwesomeYou
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

I never take the trouble to write reviews, however this place was such a joke, I think others should be fore warned.
The first thing I see when I pull up to check in is someone who is clearly a meth head waiting for her drug dealer sitting front and center- (should have been my first clue..) the website advertised riverfront rooms with jacuzzi options. There is not even a jacuzzi on the grounds, I guess they meant the dilapidated tub with black mold, and remnants of grime from the previous guests. Riverfront view meant a view of the dumpster, as well as the stench. The river is just a short walk however, but it was advertised in a way that made sound as if it could be viewed from the room. The carpets were sticky, didn't want to walk barefoot on the carpet. The room said 100$ charge for smoking, yet the room smelled of smoke, and had several burn marks in the carpet, as well as on the night stand. This place is a dump, and way over priced, 135$ a night?? I've stayed in Marriotts for the same price. Unless you're a biker, or a drunk avoid this place.
To top it off my husband and I decide to hit up the little bar and grill where I was greeted rudely by the waitress, for simply asking what she has on the menu. Usually the waitress will hand you a menu or tell you what drinks they have, but she responded by saying, well what do you think we have? Like I'm stupid. I ask her if she has blue moon beer, she responds no, we don't have that, or shock top. So I guess it wasn't that dumb of me to ask what was on the menu afterall. We hung out for 2 hours and never got any more service or even so much as a check in from the waitress. I was planning to actually spend a few dollars there, and order food, but she missed out on any chance of making that place more money or a tip. I just want to know how I could possibly provoke this woman for asking what was on the menu? Please don't waste you're time or money at this excuse for a business. I really don't get how that place exists without even the fundamentals in place. Pathetic.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Spent a great couple days here. Older hotel, but our room was clean. Tiki bar has karaoke a lot, with a few local regulars that were pretty good. Cornhole, GREAT river access for wading and swimming. Really nice pool, and good pricing. Right between Lake Lure and scenic Chimney Rock.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck D
Reviewed 18 July 2015

Paid a steep price for a room .... nothing more. No phones in the room .... which usually would not be a problem except there is absolutely NO cell service in the area ..... no mini fridge .... no balcony on the back as advertised, they fail to inform you that you need to bring your own chair for the pool where they have about 10 chairs for the over 100 guests, no housekeeping (and evidently they don't bother to clean after occupancy because when I moved the table there was trash underneath it ..... and their crowning glory is the crowd of drunks that congregated in front of our room til the wee hours of the morning raising hell! Definitely would not recommend for anyone especially family groups because of the unsavory clientele they attract. Obviously the white trash mecca of the south!

Room Tip: To get a good room, stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends