All reviews made to order breakfast cookies place to stay own bathroom b bs home away from home breakfast menu hostess furniture accommodations homemade cleanliness comfort hickory fridge
Reviewed 15 May 2016

This is a very charming B&B in a gorgeous locale, run by Rose, a lovely Canadian woman. It also comes with two bonus housemates: a fluffy orange cat named Morris and an adorable puppy named Finnigan. I'm sure Rose would keep them out of your way if desired but I enjoyed having them both around.
Rose pays attention to every detail and this large, spacious, beautiful colonial home is decorated head to toe with knick knacks, flowery patterns, and Rose's own artwork. The house has a very cozy feel and Rose goes out of her way to make you feel at home. No sooner did I leave my private bathroom was it returned to its state of uber-cleanliness, complete with symmetrically arranged towels, toiletry items, and with the toilet paper roll fashioned into a rose.
Rose even leaves you fluffy robes, chocolates on your bedside table, and a white noise machine in case you need some help getting Zs. My room was enormous and my bed was possibly the largest one I've ever seen, drowned in comfy blankets and soft pillows that helped me have a deep rejuvenating sleep - no noise machine needed.
Rose is incredibly well organized and each evening, she lays out a menu for you to make your breakfast selection so she'll have it ready to go when you are the next day. She offers several options for a complete and very filling breakfast, and both of the ones I tried were phenomenal.
I would wholeheartedly recommend Rose' B&B; it exemplifies everything a B&B should be.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2016

My daughter and I were made to feel at home from the moment we arrived. Rose had cookies waiting for us when we arrived, and coffee, tea and other beverages and snacks were available at all times. She recommended an excellent restaurant for dinner, and her breakfast was amazing! The rooms are quiet, spacious and comfortable, there is free in-room wi-fi, a large, lovely library with magazines, books and movies available, and every room has its own bathroom. I would definitely stay at the Irish Rose again, and have already recommended it to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2015

The house, the bedroom and the hostess Rose all combined to make this a wonderful B&B experience. Rose covered everything, big and small. Breakfast was at time of our choosing and selected the night before from 4 choices. It was delicious. Rose had suggestions for dinner options in town and cookies on the counter. Robes were a nice touch and a desk for laptop use made it all so convenient. I'd say this was best night on our 10-day trip to Blue Ridge Mountains area.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2015

The owner , Rose , is a special person .She made us feel right at home . The house was built around 1910 and is large and spacious ( ~ 5600 sq.ft.) . Each room has it's own private bathroom . The beds were very comfy . Breakfast was out of this world . Lots of choices....all were delicious . Breakfast was served in a formal dining room . We liked being able to converse with the other guests...kinda of like a family setting . I especially liked the "homemade" cookies ( yummy) .

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2015

1st, the house is completely amazing and immaculate. 2nd, the owner "Rose" is a complete doll. She is Canadian, however, she is the epitome of Southern Hospitality. Very friendly and makes you feel you are right at home. She is also a wonderful cook and the choices provided for breakfast made me want to just move in on a permanent vacation. 3rd, We were in "Loraine's Room" and couldn't suggest anything be different than was provided. If you are in the area you MUST visit this B&B!

Room Tip: Lorain's Room
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple