“Couldn't have been better!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Linville Falls
Parkview Lodge & Cabins
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I called up to reserve a room all the way in greenville nc which is about 4 hours away and I talked to the owner who was very nice and I asked if I could bring my pet since it said pets were okay and he said yes and was very nice. I needed something fast since it was just for the weekend (for a visit to grandfather mountain) and I got there around 8pm and the owner was still working and greeted me and told me about the breakfast in am and all the things they sold in their store. It was very cozy. He gave me my room key and I got to my room and it was also super cozy and mountain like. It was very clean and comfortable. I couldn't have been more satisfied with my stay. I was in a wreck that next morning and I told the owner I couldn't make checkout in time and he said that was fine and didn't charge me any extra. Which helped since I was already having a bad day. I will definitely be staying again. The stay and the customer service from the owners couldn't of been better. Also so grateful they let me bring my dog. Which most places do not. Thanks again! I give y'all a A+++

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Dave and Cindy are hospitable hosts along with their two little dogs. The lodge is definitely pet friendly, as their dog joined me for breakfast! Booking and registration was simple. Our room was comfortable once we turned on the wall heaters. No air conditioners for summer. Yes, contrary to what most believe, it gets hot in the NC mountains during the summer. The grounds and our room were clean. However, the washcloths were soiled with ground in make-up from previous guests. Our mattress funneled us (two adults in the double/queen bed) into each other. It was impossible to sleep on each side of the bed. We looked like a ball in the middle. It was not a good night's sleep. The main road was just outside our door. The road traffic kept us awake well into the morning hours as did late arriving guests. Note: we went to bed about midnight. The pillows did not smell fresh. Internet was only accessible intermittently. No room microwave or refrigerator. The room lacked charm. It was a hodge podge of cheap, old decor. The breakfast consisted of frozen sausage biscuits and danish, instant oatmeal, juice, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. The apples and bananas were fresh. Not sure that I would stay again unless they equip the room with a new mattress and employ a sterilizing system for their laundry.

Room Tip: All rooms are roadside, not quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank tkelleyrooms
Reviewed 12 October 2016

Found a last minute option to rent a cabin after the beach plans fell through (thank you Hurricane Matthew). We each had time off, and was looking for something inland. Called this place on a whim and Dave was super nice on the phone. We rented the Parkview Cabin. Nice and rustic, and away from everything that causes us stress. Not fancy but more than adequate, and pet friendly! Full size fridge, stove, double sinks, and a Jacuzzi tub out the back. Had satellite tv, and a land line. No internet, and no cell service at cabin, but that was a plus for us. We visited Linville Falls and got some great pictures.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank Sherry G
Reviewed 26 August 2016

We spent the weekend of August 26th to August 28th in one of the Parkview cabins in Newland, NC. It was actually one half of a cabin that is divided into 2 cabins.

Upon entering the cabin we noticed a musty smell as if no one had stayed there for a while. Luckily we carry Febreze with us from past experience so we sprayed around the cabin and the air was soon fresh.

Ours had a kitchenette complete with microwave, mini fridge, table and chairs for 4 people, 4 cup coffee maker, and sink. Coffee, creamer, sugar, and sweetener are provided along with utensils. The fridge kept our food very cold so no worries there for your food. You may want to bring some paper towels with you as we did not have any in the cabin.

There is a small but adequate bathroom with a pedestal sink and bathtub with shower. Shampoo and soap is provided along with plenty of towels and washcloths. Ladies may want to bring a hair dryer, hair conditioner, body lotion, and tissues as we did not have these items in our cabin. The bathroom is old but functions well. The only thing I noticed about it was that the grout in the tiles around the tub had mildew and could be cleaned.

The rest of the cabin was open with a section for the bed with 2 night tables, a claw foot bathtub in one corner, and across from that was a wood stove, 2 person reclining loveseat, chair, and coffee table in the living room area. There is plenty of covers provided for those cool nights.

The lodge has a store selling crafts, beer, and wine. Chilled beer and wine is available.

A continental breakfast is included and available in the lodge each morning. There is a good assortment of choices available from fresh fruit, cereal, sausage biscuits, sweet rolls, and of course, hot coffee.

There are chairs grouped around on the grounds so you can enjoy the view while you relax.

The website said that there is a pool but we didn’t see it. We’ll ask on our next visit. We were so busy we didn’t have time anyway.

Free WiFi is available for those who wish to use their computers.

The owners are very friendly people and we had a great time visiting there. We'll definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016

very large room with 2 double beds & 1 twin. clean. lots of towels. great price. conveniently located between Linville Caverns & Tweetsy. Kids loved the space. owner was helpful when I called for reservations.

Room Tip: all one floor rooms. park at door.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Springmaid Mountain
#2 of 5 in Spruce Pine
0.9 km away
Linville Falls Campground RV Park & Cabins

Been to Parkview Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!