“Wonderful cabin”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Country Cottage

Front view and side
Kitchen dining area , french doors opening up to side porch
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Kitchen
dining area , french doors opening up to side porch
fireplace
fireplace
loft with queen size futon
downstairs bedroom dresser
upstairs bedroom
living room with plush leather couch
downstairs bedroom
little secretary area with antique table and chairs
Our roaring creek in front of the cabin
looking out from the front porch onto the creeek
Living Room with leather rocker lounge chair
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lga1964
Stem, North Carolina
“Wonderful cabin”
Reviewed 30 December 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Very nice cabin on the water/river! Pushed up the windows at night to hear the water!! Will book again!!

31 Dec 2017
Thank you for the nice review. You are always welcome to stay at the cabin. We try to please everyone . and try to make it a memorable vacation.
Have a wonderful New Year
Sincerely
Mike & Sue Ivan
Thomas E...
“Vacation rental”
Reviewed 28 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017
people found this review helpful

We rented 26 Comfort ln Maggie valley 23-25 Dec. numerous things we found to lies. The two queen beds are only full size and very uncomfortable. All amenities included. We found one partial roll of toilet paper, no soap for bathing, no soap to wash dishes, no detergent for dishwasher, the only soap was gel hand soap so we had to buy everything. We did not use anything in the kitchen in fear of getting sick with the unsanatary conditions. Sue left a note if you use the oven you must clean it maid doesn’t do the oven. Defore leaving you must remove and take with you all trash maid doesn’t do this. If you wsnt to use the fireplace use the remote over the fireplace it on to light it, it did not light so I called Sue and left that message, she called back, if you don’t know what you are doing don’t use it, told we would like to use it why won’t it light I did what she said to do she got mad and told me not to use it and she was very rude. I think she has the gas turned off. Most things in this house scream cheap yard sale. Sue told me prior to arriving the key lock box was giving renters problems and where to find the hidden key. We found it but it was lying on the deck not hanging like she said so I replaced it where we found when we left. Sue called me the next day very irate informing me I didn’t leave the key and I would be charged and that we would be charged for breaking the clothes washer. I tried during many rude interruptions that I did leave the key on the deck where I found it and we never used the washer, she just continued to talk over me and being rude. How did the maid clean without me leaving the key. She charge me anyway. I would never ever recommend anyone renting this house after lying so much about the house and Sue being the rudest person I have ever had to deal with

29 Dec 2017
We certainly do not want the likes of you. This is a log cabin. You purchase your own toiletries, this is not a hotel. There is one queen size bed and one full and queen Futon. I dont even want to waste my time in responding to you. But rest assured we have friends who are in the rental business and will give them a heads up about you.
You obviously are not someone who knows how to get keys out of the lock box, nor how to light a pilot light. Also you did not read that check in is after 4 p.m. You decided to come much earlier. The housekeeper has her own key, She does not use the guests key. We never found the keys you said you had left.
We are so done. You are extremely rude and disrespecful
Ignacio H
“A very cozy, comfortable and clean cabin!”
Reviewed 26 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Very quiet and peaceful location, with a gurgling creek less than 100 ft. away. All the amenities one would need with all the comforts of home. Stayed with my daughter and her husband and my grandson. Went to nearby Bryson City for the solar eclipse and to Nantahala for zip lining and whitewater rafting. It was an adventure-filled 5 days with a great cabin to return to for relaxation! We all had a wonderful time. Would definitely stay there again!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
7 Sep 2017
Thank you for the nice review. We are happy it had met your expectations and you had a good time. We try to make the cabin as comfortable as home for our guests. Whenever you want to come back we will gladly accept your reservation.
and stay safe for this hurricane
SIncerely
Mike :& Sue Ivan
Phyllis G
Fletcher, North Carolina
“Fantastic retreat”
Reviewed 7 March 2017 for a stay in September 2016

For some reason my initial review was not saved to this site. My family and I stayed here to celebrate a birthday. The owners are fantastic and only surpassed by the cabin itself. Beautiful, clean cabin situated by a calming creek with easy access to everything Maggie Valley has to offer. As a matter of fact, I'm in the process of considering it for another family birthday.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
9 Mar 2017
Thank you for the nice review. We try to make the place comfortable and memorable for our guests. You are always welcome to come and stay at Country Cottage. We love people who appreciate the cabin like we do.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Cozy & Comfortable”
Reviewed 31 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Beautiful cabin next to the creek! We had such a wonderful time, felt right at home in this cozy, comfortable cabin. We will be back.

31 Oct 2016
Hi Donna
Thank you so much for this very nice review. We do appreciate it. We always try to make our guests feel at home
You are always welcome to come back in the future
Sincerely
Mike & Sue Ivan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$115
Night
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing