“Lunch was so good, we almost came back for dinner!”

The Original Papa Nicks
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Mars Hill
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Two of us split the ziti with chicken and spinach and a small Greek pizza which came with a salad and garlic knots. Lordy was it all delicious!! We can't wait to come back for dinner one day. The service was excellent and warm and friendly. I am still dreaming about the Greek salad. So wonderful to find this place in Mars Hill.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

The two best-rated eateries in town, Papa Nicks and The Stack House, are neighbors on College Street in downtown Mars Hill. Preferring Italian cuisine to burgers and barbecue my wife and I chose Papa Nick's for dinner. We were impressed with the friendliness of the server who offered suggestions and kept our glasses full. The menu includes a long list of traditional pasta dishes, pizza,chicken and fish entrees and appealing specials of the day. The portions were large and delicious; the garlic rolls were served hot from the oven. All in all, the food was as good as most "big city" Italian restaurants would serve for (about) have the cost. If you enjoy Italian food and friendly service, Papa Nicks is a place you will want to visit in Mars Hill.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Just love the guys in the back. Friendly as usual taking my order to go, over the phone. Everything ready at the time I asked. (do give them extra time at busy hours). Spaghetti and MBs and Greek Spaghetti are both so good. Dinners come with garlic knots and salads. Good food and friendly service. One of our favorite places to take out and eat in.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This was my second time eating at this restaurant, and the second time service was extremely slow. I don't think I've ever eaten at a restaurant where everyone in a party was not served at the same time. Could be because the place is so small. I ordered the spaghetti and it was literally enough for 3 people, and I might add, not the best I've ever had by any means. Would much rather have paid half the price and had half the portion.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

The establishment has been run by the same family for decades so, they must be doing something right. Comfortable, clean dining room along with clean rest rooms. I ordered Chicken Manicotti which was excellent. The meal was served with piping hot garlic rolls which appeared to have come right out of the oven. Finished the meal with a slice of homemade pie.

An exceptional meal. I would definitely recommend this place for Italian food.

1  Thank William S
deb t, Owner at The Original Papa Nicks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you William for the nice review and for visiting with us.