“Delicious Mexican Food!”

La Unica Mexican Restaurant - Mooresville
Ranked #61 of 288 Restaurants in Mooresville
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Delicious Mexican food and wonderful margaritas!! The service is outstanding and quick, and the food is great. I love their pollo fundido, and their cheesesteak burrito! Their cheese dip is good too. My drink of choice is their strawberry margarita! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

This place used to be Monterrey and the food is extremely different. We entered he restuarant in the mid afternoon and there were several families eating there. Everything is very fresh and delicious. I ordered the burrito special and it was huge but too delicious not to eat it all! My husband ordered a combination with a chili relano. He said his was wonderful! They offer 2 options for salsa....one was too hot for me, the other too mild so I mixed them....YUM! I give this place 5 stars. Way better than El Cerreys and Salsas (both in Mooresville). Enjoy!!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

My sister was visiting from out of state and our family took her out for her birthday. She loves Mexican food so we decided to take her to La Unica. Three of us ordered veggie fajitas, were served steaming hot and was so delicious! My brother-n-law ordered a combination meal and also said it was the best Mexican he had in a while. The service was great and as busy as it was on a Saturday night we felt the attention we received was outstanding. Thanks for the great dining experience! Margaritas were wonderful as well!

2  Thank ParisF2014
Reviewed 11 February 2017

What I enjoy about La Unica is it steps away from the simple beans and rice with salsa to a more complex food that is complimented by various sauces. Of course you are greeted with chips and salsa, but ask for the avocado salsa (slightly spiced) it is exceptional.

The menu is varied. Their meat dishes are excellent but a variety of excellent seafood dishes are also available. Our daughter is a vegetarian and La Unica offers choices for her also. Being a carnivore I have not tried those dishes, however she finds them excellent and has a taste for Mexican and New Mexican food (she lived in Albuquerque for six years).

They also have a full bar with reasonably priced drinks, and their staff is great. It is a family operated establishment which basis its' business on returning customers.

1  Thank roy s
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Tried La Unica for the first time and won't be coming back. My husband and I both ordered fajitas and while the amount of steak & shrimp was good, the pepper and onion mix was 90% onions - no exaggeration. Had 3 small tortillas and the side plate had a very small amount of refried beans, a small dollop of sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and rice. No guacamole, no pico de gallo. Shared a pitcher of margarita - enjoyed no buzz at all so we paid $14 for a pitcher of lime koolaid. The flavor of the food was just okay. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Lori P