“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of Queens Landing

Queens Landing
Reviewed 9 October 2017

My wife wanted this for her birthday, so I obliged her. I didn't think this would be worth the money. I was wrong. The crew was nice and attentive. The Captain was experienced and made easy conversation. The food was excellent and plentiful, thanks to Chef Eric.
The only complaint I'd have is the sunset came too early. I'll know to book this earlier than October, going forward. Thanks Catawba Queen!

1  Thank Jeri L

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Husband took me on the Catawba lunch cruise for my birthday. Enjoyed it for the 2nd time; beautiful sunny day but a little windy, which made it a little chilly. We sat on the upper deck and had a nice lunch (the same as the last cruise): chicken salad, pink lemonade, chocolate chip cookie, a bag of chips. We then moved on the bottom deck to warm up and later, just about everyone moved to the bottom deck. Staff were friendly and service was good.

Only drawback is that the boat needs to be cleaned after each cruise. Our table was not clean when we first sat down, I wiped it off. A lot of cobwebs were on the rails, windows also needed to be cleaned.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

It's pretty costly for a dinner cruise on a lake. Standard fare. Service was mediocre...nice enough people, but not enough to properly staff. It seemed inefficiently organized. The overall experience was average. The boat is older...so maybe that was part of it. But it almost felt like we were time traveling. Sunset was pretty. Reservation agent was less than friendly.

1  Thank Rita A
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Took my husband on this cruise for his birthday. At first thought, we had a good table, but I quickly realized it was not a good location because we were the closest table to the kitchen and I could hear the waitresses bickering about who was supposed to be doing what, when. I even heard them mention that our food was delivered to the wrong table so when mine was delivered, the steak was overcooked because it was supposed to be someone else's. This was quickly remedied, however, and they brought out a different steak for me. I will say, I really enjoyed the food.

I think they needed more wait staff on the boat. There was a bartender and 2 waitresses for about 60-70 people. It was 1 hr 15 minutes before we got something to drink other than water. There were 2 levels to the boat. Not sure if those on the top level paid more but they were all served first and everyone downstairs had to watch the waitresses deliver plates upstairs before any of us were served. We were the very last table to be served. The whole process was very inefficient.

The cruise itself was nice. The weather was great and the sunset was awesome. And there was a really good singer onboard. Even though I was a bit annoyed, my husband really enjoyed himself which is what matters.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I was extremely disappointed with my first experience on this dinner cruise. It was a birthday celebration and I will unfortunately not be returning due to the poor experience. Each of our party of 4 purchased tickets separately but put in the comment "sit with Lace for her birthday party" . I also called several times to confirm the comments were there for each of the ladies and that we would be sitting together, for which they confirmed. We get to Queens Landing an hour before we started boarding the boat. IT was late leaving so we boarded later than expected. We were maybe the 3rd party to get on the boat. They ask us our names and have trouble finding our reservations. So she then goes, OMG I forgot to seat you all and there is no table set for you all. Instantly I became irate but stood their quietly.

She looks around and then says we can pull these tables together. These tables were small very small, 2 top tables they pulled together for us in a corner at the front of the boat. Once that was done we sat down awkwardly as everyone boarded and sat down and began eating their salads and drinking their water that was placed on their tables.

We had to wait about 30 minutes to get salad. He then brought us dirty silverware that was not polished jumbled up in his hand as if they hadnt even been washed yet. I asked him to bring us polished silverware. So we waited longer. We then had to ask for our glasses of water and our napkins. Some experience.

To make things worse the red head lady from reservations came on the board during boarding to talk with someone. I stopped her to talk to her about our poor experience. She tells me to just sit down in a very rude manner and disrespectful tone. She did not want to hear anything I had to say. I was just in disbelief at the service at this point.

To make matters even worse they brought out our food except one person. They asked her what she wanted to eat. Mind you, we had paid for these tickets a month in advance and chose our food during the booking.

They were not receptive to our feedback and sharing of ways to rectify the situation. They gave us one free drink and a round of discounted shots, oh and extra dessert. After paying $85 per person, being forgotten about and not plating our table was the last thing I wanted to experience.

Everyone on our boat got off before they even got dessert. We waited for ours, because I did not pay that kind of money not to get my dessert. Pictured is our table NOT plated before we sat.

Oh forgot to mention for some odd reason every last person sitting on the bottom deck of the boat was of color. Everyone at the top of the boat was not of color. I asked how this happened and they said u had to request to sit on the top deck. I find it odd that their notes were acknoweledged yet ours seemed to have been easily overlooked.

I was very disappointed and not impressed. I will not be returning.

2  Thank Lace_0925