“Great Food, Greater Service”
Review of Prickly Pear

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harbor Point Village
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Victor was our server, but I am certain every employee helped us, simply outstanding. Three of us had the enchiladas, which were fantastic, though ask for more of the delicious salsa and smother them. Our other diner had the shrimp, steak and chicken fajitas, which were perfectly seasoned and too much for her to finish. The margaritas of which we had a pitcher were very well mixed and well worth the price. We had the hand-mixed guacamole, which was definitely good, but i don’t know if the price reflected a good value-please note I do not really care for guac or appetizers in general so do not let my cheapness make you avoid this. Prickly Pair is on our short-list for sure.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

This is a Modern Mexican Restaurant and the food is very good. I purchased a groupon for dinner when I had company visit and they wanted mexican type cuisine and we were very happy with the food and service. The guacamole table-side was a very nice touch and tasted great. Full bar, drinks and Sunday Brunch.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

We had lunch there last week. It's billed as "modern Mexican" and I guess it is. Dishes are creative. It seems they try too hard to make their dishes "wow" but they fall short on that goal. I had a steak something or other, but I could only find a couple of small pieces of steak smothered in a heavy sauce. But other factors also contributed to the turn-off. Food was luke warm, service was spotty, no ambiance, just sun coming through the windows making it hot inside (had to move). I even found the wine list wanting....oh well, perhaps I was not in the best of moods to begin with.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I went to the Prickly Pear restaurant in Mooresville to have lunch. I ordered a Tamarindo Chicken Salad. The salad came with a hair in it. I showed the hair to the waiter, but he didn't seem very worried about it. He just asked me if I would like a new one. Since I've had already eaten almost half of it, I asked him to bring me just half portion, which he did. When the check arrived, I thought they wouldn't charge me for the salad due to the inconvenience, but they did charge for it. Most restaurants in the US would never charge in situations like this, in a clear way to say they are sorry for what happened. In this case, not even the manager came to the table to say sorry. I know things like this can occasionally happen, but this time I felt like that they did not care much about it. Very disappointed!

ThePricklyPear, Owner at Prickly Pear, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Ana,
It is ultimately the responsibility of the restaurant for a hair being on your plate. And as I told you in both my Face Book response and email response, all of our kitchen staff uses hair restraints. As far as your salad was concerned, my staff apologized to you and asked you what they could do. They brought you a new salad. A complete salad, not half a salad. You ate the salad. We did not charge you for the first salad which had a hair on the plate, we charged you for the second salad which you ate. We corrected the problem by making a completely new salad. We had no intention of charging you for the first salad. Our customer's experience is of utmost importance to my staff and I. We appreciate your input and I am genuinely sorry that you were disappointed about your experience. And we tried to correct the problem by making a new salad. But in your Face Book post and email you threaten to disparage The Prickly Pear on social media. This is now my 3rd response. And as I have responded previously, I will not be intimidated by threats to post on social media. Many, many of our customers at The Prickly Pear know the staff and our commitment to our customers to provide a high quality dining experience. I really hope you will dine with us again and give us an opportunity show you.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Food is very good, as is the ambiance and the service. If you can sit on the patio overlooking the water it is even better. I like the gaucamole they make tableside.