“Fast food, Southern Style...great service!”

Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Que
Ranked #16 of 131 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Our family went here twice while on our vacation. We tried the Pork, fried chicken, hushpuppies, baked beans, brunswick stew, and fries. Everything was very good. Particularly liked the pork and baked beans. Also, can't beat having hushpuppies and brunswick stew to feel you are in the south.

Fries are nothing special, but included in their value meal. The portion size is very good. My goal is to eat here one more time before we go home.

Tip: Order at the counter. If you don't get a lid on your cup it makes it easy for them to come around with refills for your tea.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 11 June 2016

Really enjoyed the services that was provided at this restaurant. Staff was very friendly and the bathrooms and inside of the establishment very clean. I was a bit hesitant at first because we ate at a Smithfield's on the way and the staff wasn't very friendly, but I must say that my family and I really enjoyed the food and customer service there. I give you five stars and recommend families on vacation to eat there.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 10 June 2016

This is the place for Eastern-NC vinegar barbecue pork. The restaurant is a bit like a fast-food operation; go to the counter to place your order, then wait for it to be brought out to you. The BBQ Pack will serve four to six people. Service is fast.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Being from the deep south, I enjoy sweet BBQ. Smithfields is definitely a vinegar based with vinegar sauce. LOTS of vinegar. I can overlook the food and order something different however, the service was the most disappointing. Folks here are quite nice and polite. I found the staff to be complacent, inattentive and dismissive. Not somewhere I will visit again.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Service is always friendly and fast. The tea is great. Great chicken, BBQ and Brunswick stew. Staff is wonderful

Date of visit: May 2016