“Great Dive Operation”

Olympus Dive Center
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Had a great dive with them. Once on the boat, very professional and helpful. Would dive with them again next time I'm in town.

All reviews
"safety briefing"
"first class operation"
"tight ship"

Reviewed 6 September 2017

The Olympus Dive Center dive shop was well lit, clean and well stocked with dive gear, and commemorative wearing apparel.Their check-in process was friendly and organized. I was greeted by Travis, Chris and Dotie. The gas filling station was organized and efficient. I used a 30% EAN mix for the intended wreck depths. The multiple analyzing stations processed many divers rapidly. Our boat, the Midnight Express was clean, spacious and very accommodating to all of the guests. The Captain and crew (Clint and Justin) made the experience memorable even with poor weather the first day. The wrecks were as promised and nature provided great marine life and visibility. In three days we dove the INDRA, AEOLUS, CARIBSEA, U-352 and SPAR. I'll be back.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Thanks to Olympus Dive Center for yet another wonderful year of exploring the Graveyard of the Atlantic. Because of the weather, we had to stay inshore on one of our days, but it allowed my divers new to Carolina diving to explore the Indra, and JFF Tugs. We saw a ton of marine life, and I found a 3 inch Megalodon Shark Tooth!!!! We also had the opportunity to dive the U-352, always one of my favorites. The weather turned on us and water spouts were present. Captain Bobby did a phenomenal job getting us out of the bad weather and even finding a place for us to do a second dive, which was the Suloide. I appreciate how he and his crew make our safety their number one priority. On the way to the Suloide we saw dolphins who hung by the boat for at least 15 minutes, we also watched the Eclipse. Totally awesome! Thanks Olympus Dive Center. I can't wait to bring my groups down to dive with you next year!!!!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Our group of divers return every year to enjoy 4 days of awesome dives.
The boat crews are experienced and knowledgeable of each wreck site and well as the history of each. They approach each dive as the beginning of another great adventure for us and it always is . Knowing the current , temp, viz , before we descend is great .

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Olympus Dive Center is by far the best full service dive center. They have a great staff, top notch dive and training Center and state of the art dive boats that make the experience one truly to be remembered. I find it hard to try other places knowing that I will probably be disappointed since I now compare everywhere else to my time with Olympus Dive Center. I have been on Several dives with them over the years and being that they are part of the graveyard of the Atlantic I have been lucky to see some breathtaking wrecks off the North Carolina Coast. One of my Favorites is the Caribsea. The Wreck of the Caribsea is so spectacular in such a way that it leaves a lasting image with you. The bow structure is facing upward and most of the paneling has come away over the years leaving a skeletal structure that is teeming with sea life from schools of large spade fish, Cobia and Spotted eagle rays to name a few. It is also a great place to find Sand Tiger Sharks which have shown up there in droves. This is one of favorites parts to see when a few Sand Tigers just casually swim in and around the divers, some not even aware that the shark just swam right over them or just under them until they see the video or a picture someone took. The Caribsea also has a few large boilers that are quite impressive to see and swim through between the stacks of them. There are a lot of familiar things you will see on this wreck like a couple anchor windlasses, the awesome bow sticking up, and the engine area with the boilers and these really make this wreck quite impressive to me all the while realizing that this is a wreck that is part of our history during World War II. It was sunk in 1942 by a German U-Boat. This is just one of hundreds of wrecks that are off the coast of North Carolina and I can't wait to join Olympus again for another adventure.