“Outstanding sushi in an unexpected place”
Review of Akai Hana

Akai Hana
Ranked #40 of 129 Restaurants in Morehead City
Price range: US$3 - US$24
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Sushi lovers should make a point of sampling Chef Bob's work. Although he is the first to admit he is not Japanese, the quality and precision of his work would, I daresay, hold its own in Tokyo.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I read great reviews of Akai Hana, but it was nearly empty when we arrived. This made me nervous, but honestly, I'm not sure why the place wasn't packed. The sushi was so fresh and tender! The kids loved the bento boxes filled with yummy things, all in a cute bistro type of setting.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My daughter and I ordered takeout one evening. We ordered sushi rolls and they were good, their appearance was nice and they were well put together.
We plan to go to the restaurant and eat in there at some point but haven't yet.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I were looking for a new place for sushi and found Akai Hana. We were amazed how great the food was. We ordered several different sushi rolls that we could all share as well as their shrimp and pork dumplings, we loved everything! The service was very good and made us feel welcome, my family is already asking when we can go back. This is our new go to place for sushi.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Was craving sushi and decided to try this new spot. So glad I did! The staff were incredibly nice and on top of their service, giving refills and making sure everything tasted good. Great sushi and appetizers. Will definitely be coming back here for my Asian cravin'!