“Best Little Drive In”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Whenever I come back home I have to stop at El’s! I have eaten here for over 35 years. The Shrimp Burger is the best. The Car Hops are very friendly. Give it a try, you will be glad you did.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

The atmosphere here is a flat zero; but everything else is simply terrific -- great food, great service, and -- most importantly -- GREAT FOOD! We liked it so much, we ate there three times on a recent trip and ordered the delectable shrimp burgers each time. Others obviously share my opinion of the place too as the parking lot was slammed each time we visited. Not to worry though, the service is friendly and fast. You can bet we'll return to El's again next time we're in Morehead City...

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Seldom fail to visit El's on a trip to Morehead City. Sitting under the shade trees and feeding fries to the gulls is part of the pleasure. The other part is enjoying one of their fried shrimp and oyster sandwiches. You sit in your car while carhops come take your order and return with great eats.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Had a hamburger with cheese. It was really juice and fixed to my liking with my choice of extras. There are no line to help you decide where to park you just do it and the women come to your car and take your order. Restrooms are on the outside of the building. Plenty of gulls to entertain you while you wait.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I honestly think the only reason this place is so popular is due to nostalgia. The shrimp burger doesn't have a lot of flavor and the fries aren't even fresh. The price is on par with 5 Guys but you get an inferior product.