“Perfect Fried Oysters!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I always look for drive-in's when I visit coastal areas for sentimental reasons, and because that is where the locals eat. I saw this place the day before when it was closed and told my family I wanted to eat there tomorrow. We had some errands to run and we showed up at about 1:30 which should have been on the down side of lunch hour....to find the parking lot totally full. There are no assigned parking spaces, you kind of find your own. There are car hops and ours was fast and friendly.

I ordered the fried oyster dinner, hubby got the shrimp dinner, and my mother ordered just oysters. When it arrived it was a pile of food. There were at least 20 fried oysters, fries, and at least 6 hush puppies. We ate about half and took the rest home. We made two meals out of this one visit.

The oysters were fried to perfection, yummy!!! I can't wait to visit Morehead again and eat at El's

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We stopped by and picked up burgers to take back to our hotel. Good burgers but we should have gotten two because they are small and the fries were good also. They have curb service and I thought the waitress we had was short, snappy and not at all friendly or helpful!! She made me want to leave and go some where else. We probably will not go back!!!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Els is physically just what you see in the pictures above, but the food is wonderful. We had a group of about a dozen Boy Scouts stop here for lunch and uniformly they loved it! I would highly recommend the Large Shrimp Burger (the small is actually small). ask for it with slaw and cocktail sauce.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Get the shrimpburger or cheeseburger and u can't go wrong either way. Love the in car hop service. Great throwback to 60's gotta love it. Inexpensive Too!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Whenever I come back home I have to stop at El’s! I have eaten here for over 35 years. The Shrimp Burger is the best. The Car Hops are very friendly. Give it a try, you will be glad you did.