“Great food lack luster service ”
Review of FATZ

FATZ
Ranked #16 of 113 Restaurants in Morganton
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Description: At Fatz, we serve your favorite American fare with a delicious twist. From steaks to seafood, treat your taste buds to the flavors of Fatz. Fatz is committed to the highest standards of fresh quality food preparation with the finest of ingredients. ‎
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Good food. The guys had tried it the night before I arrived. They were right about the food. Good wide range menu. Well prepared food. Service well. When we came in we spoke to the hostess and ask "This way to the Bar?" No response. Once at the bar, we were finally acknowledged. Then she took and prepared our drinks one order at a time. Then 10 minutes later ask what we wanted to eat. If you are not in a hurry stop by.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I took my wife and grandchildren to this restaurant primarily for the excellent kids menu online.
Unfortunately, the staff for Sunday night was overwhelmed and overrun.
While the food was great, I must confess, I will probably never go back. For starters, the hostess was low energy and not up to the task. The bartender, while nice had 4 patrons at the bar and was "swamped". She was pleasant but, like the entire team, had no sense of urgency.
Kids menu had activities but no crayons were given. Finally my wife went to get some and the hostess had 5 broken crayons for the entire place.
Just expected more from a solid chain.

1  Thank 899harveyd
Reviewed 24 June 2017

This was our first time visiting the restaurant, and so I don't know if our experience was typical. However, there was way too much chattiness/ small talk from the greeter, the server and the service manager. I appreciate friendly service but this was excessive. When I go out to eat, I want to enjoy a conversation with my family, not be constantly interrupted for prolonged conversations with the staff. The food was decent, but there was way too much and because we were traveling, we couldn't really take the leftovers with us. After the meal, the waitress said we could have ordered a smaller portion - with all the chattiness, couldn't she have mentioned that before?

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Love eating at Fatz! Rolls are incredibly delicious! Serve is great and food is very good! Definitely on the rotation.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

A great place to eat!! Alot of choices, very good food. The waiter and staff was very nice and went above and beyond. Will definitely be back.