“Great place for lunch”

Judge's Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 114 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beyond great food, Judge's Riverside has a great atmosphere. From the wood and stone materials inside to the decks and serene river view outside, you'll enjoy more than just the taste. Click the images below to learn more...
Reviewed 20 March 2008

I was in Morganton teaching a class and Judges was recommended by one of my students. Being a big fan of barbeque, I decided to try it out.

It's a little hard to find, behind a soccer field off the main road, but it was worth the trip. The restaurant has ample parking and is clean and very nice looking.

I got the lunch buffet, which was a bargain for about 20 cents more than a barbeque plate. The hot food was hot and the cold food was cold. Everything was very high quality. I tried almost everything. The pulled pork was quite good, tender and moist. I prefer a little smokier taste, but that's a personal thing.

The vegetables were done well. My only complaint would be that the ribs were a little chewy. They were the only things that I didn't take seconds (or thirds!) of. I didn't try the desserts (saving the calories), but they were tempting. I did see a few people come up more than once for the cobbler. Not that anyone is counting.

Overall, if you're in the area, it's worth a visit. I plan to return when I'm up here in a couple weeks.

Reviewed 20 August 2007

We love good food in a great atmosphere and we found it at Judges Riverside Restaurant. I suggest mapquest if you're not familiar with the area. Restaurant was recommended on the internet so we tried it and agree its worth a drive. We went for Saturday lunch and sat outside under a ceiling fan with a great view of the Catawba River. The service and food selections were very good. Surprisingly they do not have beer on tap - just bottles. Must be a reason for this. We were fine with this however. We chose the buffet lunch and it had something for everyone and was a great price!
They have space available for groups and parties.
We will be back and we're telling our friends about it.
Enjoy!

Reviewed 6 August 2007

WOW, this was a wonderfully unexpected treat in the middle nowhere. We stayed in town on our way to Asheville, and had to eat somewhere. This restaurant is located right on the local river, we ate outside on the patio and watched locals fly fish while we sipped ice tea and awated a fabulous meal. We had the BEST onion rings ever, along with good bar-b-q and sides. Along with a view, and great food, it was a bargain. We had two dinners, drinks and a great warm chocolate cake for dessert for less than $25. I wish I lived closer and could go again.

1  Thank roadtrippin_girl