“Beautiful location, ok food”

Judge's Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 113 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beyond great food, Judge's Riverside has a great atmosphere. From the wood and stone materials inside to the decks and serene river view outside, you'll enjoy more than just the taste. Click the images below to learn more...
Reviewed 28 August 2017

The location along the river is beautiful and relaxing. Very enjoyable sitting on deck to eat. Service was pretty good especially since we had a group of 18. Did have to ask for a couple of items several times. Drinks were served in styrofoam cups because they "ran out of cups". Food was ok. Most of the appetizers are fried. I ordered the brisket and it was dry and tough. My husband ordered the Judge Plate. Best item was the smoked chicken quarter. BBQ was average and ribs were fatty and tough. Sweet potato casserole was good, mixed vegetables were undercooked and lukewarm. Hushpippies were very good. Large baked potatoes. I would go back for the atmosphere but not the food.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I had the Judge Plate meal, 1/4 smoke chicken, two pork ribs, BBQ and two sides. My friends about the same thing. The food was really good. The tangy sauces was not to hot. It was a good meal. We ate at the upper deck inside. I had water and my friends had tea.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We were passing through and saw ads for Judges. The location looked inviting so we went. It was pretty busy. The tables are nothing major, just average along with the chairs. The service was a bit hit or miss. The young people up front did not seem too interested but our server was nice although she was unable to answer questions so over came the manager to explain some of the items on the menu better. The food was average. The prices seemed a wee bit high for average food. Perhaps we were paying for the location? Not sure. It was an interesting experience but we agreed that coming back here was not in the cards. If you are hungry and wish to eat a good sized meal, this place will check the boxes but no surprises.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I love Judges! The food is always delicious. The staff is always friendly and efficient. The view is beautiful and serene. Indoor/outdoor eating places. In the wintertime, they have a huge fireplace that is so warm and relaxing. I recommend this place highly.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We used to live in Morganton and frequented this restaurant. Although we have not been there in awhile, I would still recommend it. We have always liked it. It sits right on the Catawba River that runs through Morganton. Food has always been good and wait staff has always been friendly. They have a nice buffet but also a good selection of main dishes. They do serve beer and wine. They serve lunch, dinner, and late night snacks. Check out the menu on their website.