“Good deal”

Judge's Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 114 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beyond great food, Judge's Riverside has a great atmosphere. From the wood and stone materials inside to the decks and serene river view outside, you'll enjoy more than just the taste. Click the images below to learn more...
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Late lunch on labor day. Had to wait a few min. but not bad. Food was great, but could have used more staff. We had fish-n-chips, brisket sandwich, and pulled pork sandwich. Everyone happy and full.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

It was pretty good for lunch. Tea was good. Beautiful area and lots of shade on deck outside. Deck overlooks river.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I had The Judge (which the waitress recommended) pulled pork, 2 ribs and 1/4 of a chicken with two sides: white Cole slaw and fries. It was delicious. I went during the week so it was not crowded and we sat on the deck overlooking the river. I really enjoyed the pork it was tender and seasoned just right. The ribs were fall off the bones yummy. Cole slaw and fries were good. I did take home half the pork and chicken. Enjoyed walking around the grounds and over to the park area to investigate the river. Great location with yummy food. I will come back again!!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The location along the river is beautiful and relaxing. Very enjoyable sitting on deck to eat. Service was pretty good especially since we had a group of 18. Did have to ask for a couple of items several times. Drinks were served in styrofoam cups because they "ran out of cups". Food was ok. Most of the appetizers are fried. I ordered the brisket and it was dry and tough. My husband ordered the Judge Plate. Best item was the smoked chicken quarter. BBQ was average and ribs were fatty and tough. Sweet potato casserole was good, mixed vegetables were undercooked and lukewarm. Hushpippies were very good. Large baked potatoes. I would go back for the atmosphere but not the food.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I had the Judge Plate meal, 1/4 smoke chicken, two pork ribs, BBQ and two sides. My friends about the same thing. The food was really good. The tangy sauces was not to hot. It was a good meal. We ate at the upper deck inside. I had water and my friends had tea.