“Nice views decent food and spectacular fried onion rings”

Judge's Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beyond great food, Judge's Riverside has a great atmosphere. From the wood and stone materials inside to the decks and serene river view outside, you'll enjoy more than just the taste. Click the images below to learn more...
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We had hamburgers there and they were good. Ate outside on the patio very nice view. We got onion rings with the burgers. It has been many years since I had any that good. Reminded me of the old Cream and Cone in Yarmouth, Ma. Would go back if for no other reason than to get the onion rings

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We went for the view, sat on the edge of the deck overlooking the river - great view!! Despite the previous reviews, we had one order of ribs - no amount of sauce could save them - very dried out. Had a burger, looked like is was a pre-made frozen boxed type and was just ok. Also had honey-glazed salmon - nothing special. The service was good, there were very few bugs outside so we got about what was expected based on earlier reviews. If you like this type of view, this is the spot for you.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The scenery is picture perfect as it was an old fish camp. I still can’t decide what was better, the hush puppies or the chicken fingers. If ur in the area, you can’t not go.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Wonderful place by the river to have a great BBQ experience. If you live within a hour's drive it's well worth the trip.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at this place for over 30 years. Overall it has been a good experience. Unfortunately, my most recent experience was not good.
I had gone there specifically for the ribs and salad bar. We arrived and were seated quickly and our waitress was accommodating.
Our waitress explained sadly that they were out of ribs. Now over the years, I cannot count how many times I have been here and they are usually out of something.

Ok, no problem. I’ll have a salad bar.
Unfortunately, the salad bar looked as if it had not been refreshed since the 101st Airborne has gone through there. I put what was leftover on my plate. A little lettuce, scraps of onion, cheese. Eggs which were plentiful but scattered all over. Bacon was gone as was the 1000 Island and the pasta salad and Macaroni salad.

At this point, I had enough and advised our waitress I was leaving.

I’m chalking it up to they were having a bad night.
They are much better than this.

Disappointed and Ribless.