“Not worth it at all!”
Review of Moondog Pizza

Moondog Pizza
Ranked #6 of 114 Restaurants in Morganton
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Description: A fun, energetic progressive pizza shop serving NY style pie, sandwiches and salads, vegan and vegetarian options, wine, and North Carolina beers.
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I’m not sure why people like this place unless it is either they have no taste or are family. First off the service is terrible. The girls would rather talk behind the bar than come around & check on you. Yeah they bring you stuff but that isn’t worth them earning a tip & then when I didn’t leave one she got an attitude. The sauce for the pizza is disgusting & I was shocked! I was expecting this place to use all fresh ingredients & make their sauce fresh. They use canned tomatoes paste & add spices to it. You can tell this by one, because it was so salty & two, because of the dark red color. The garlic knots were deep fried bread which was good but nothing special but then they threw a bunch of packaged garlic on it which was still good but not worth me paying the price for when I can do it myself. The pizza crust has no flavor at all. With most Pizza joints, their dough or sauce is what make their pizzas & this place has neither of those going for them, even the toppings had no flavor. The salad was good but mine had a small black hair in it which I discovered after I ate the entire thing so that grossed me out. Either way I can make a better salad at home. Overall, if you know what excellent pizza is suppose to taste like, don’t waste your time & if think you are getting fresh ingredients here, you are not & if they say you are they are lying. I’m not sure why this place has such good reviews other than maybe everyone who goes here has no sense of taste. Don’t waste your time seriously!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

But, BOY was I wrong.....way wrong, completely wrong, like owe them an apology wrong..... The place was packed, but we got a seat quickly and our waitress was right there to take our order. The Caesar salad was fantastic, with a dressing that was almost identical to my wife's....that started to get my pizza juices flowing. We split a 14in margherita pizza and the minute it hit the table I knew it was going to be dynamite! The crust is damn near NYC perfect, the sauce was awesome, and I could have just eaten the roasted garlic all day. There is a 100% chance we will be back......a lot!!!

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

The garlic knots were very good. It is a small place with excellent music, but the Saturday night wait was horrid. We ordered the knots and 3 slices. Thank goodness the knots came as it too over 45 minutes to get the slices. Readonable,well cheap, but mine was dry and the only time i have ever seen feta cheese in little squares. My friends from Morganton usually have their lunch. They wete shocked by the quality and wait at night.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

As transplanted New Yorkers we have found Moondog's pizza to be great. The slices are like a slice you would get in New York City and the pizzas are very close to what you get in Rome, Italy. Service is always friendly.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Took 9 girls and 4 adults for pizza this past weekend on our way back to Clayton. Great Pizza, wonderful atmosphere. Our waitress was a little stressed as another large party had just came in before us, but she handled it!
We got pepperoni and cheese pizzas. The cheese pizza was amazing! Lots of flavor. Pepperoni was good, but the cheese stood out more for us!