Best Western Of Murphy
US$128
HIExpress.com
US$129
Hampton.com
Days Inn by Wyndham Murphy(Murphy)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$94
Murphy Motel(Murphy)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$399
  • Bar/Lounge
Sunset Motel(Murphy)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscampbell folk schoolpancake machineroom was cleanpet roommotorcycle tripgreat place to staythe ground floorcontinental breakfastthe breakfast areano elevatordefinitely stay here againthe dragoncasino tripchecking outstaff was very friendly and helpfulvery nice hotelnice stay
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We arrived early in the day for check in. The hotel management made special arrangements to provide us with an early room. Special kudos to the night desk clerk on March 18th, 2018 who provided me help with an electronic device that was not cooperating with the wifi connection. This was largely my error, but she provided friendly and profession assistance. Her proactive and friendly help is exactly the type of service that brings back satisfied customers. Rates were very friendly to the pocketbook without loss of quality. As a lifetime travel industry consumer, I can recommend this property. Noticed that the State health inspection for the breakfast area was a rarely seen 100%

Room Tip: As this a direct room access property, recommend requesting second floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Aurelia S, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a nice review. It is great to hear that we are succeeding in our efforts to provide great service.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We travel to Nantahala and Bryson City a lot. Before they built the new casino, there wasn't much here and the only reason we use to stop in Murphy on our way up was because it had the only Walmart around for miles. We decided to stay in Murphy this weekend and I'm so glad we did! We had a pet-stay room (only smoking room available) but you would have never know it was used for smokers OR pets! Our room (#125) was super clean and very fresh smelling. It wasn't masked with air freshener or any of that mess, just nice and clean! The bed really was comfortable. No spots or stains on the walls or floors... just clean! I feel like I can't say that enough. The bathroom had great water pressure and no visible water marks or mold. The staff members we interacted with were all super helpful and nice. If you're planning a casino trip, then I definitely suggest staying here. Walmart is just across the road. Harrah's Valley River is down the road about 5 minutes (if that). If you want to drive to Harrah's Cherokee, it's only about 45 minutes away. We'll be coming back to this Best Western, that I can promise you. Does it compare with staying at the casino itself? Of course not, but for what this hotel is, it's definitely worth a 5-star rating in my book. Also, it's not even been 24 hours since we checked out and they've already released the deposit hold on my card... that's unheard of these days. Definitely staying here again!!

Now, my negative thoughts... We were charged an extra fee for the pet room, even though we had no pets. They called after we made the reservations to confirm we wanted a pet room and I explained we needed a smoking room and was told the only smoking rooms they had were pet rooms (maybe thats all that was left, I don't know) and there would be an extra $10 fee. Since I was using Reward Points for our stay, I chalked it up to "resort fees" you'd usually pay at some places. I'm not unhappy that I had to pay the fee, but I am irritated that is was forced upon me when we weren't travelling with our dogs. I think it would be better business practice to fill the room with any paying customer (even if it IS with Reward Points) rather than chance not filling the room for the night. Besides, if that particular room is already designated as a pet room, why isn't that reflected in the price for that room to begin with, especially if you're going to force the fee it on the guests anyhow? It either is or isn't a pet room all the time, so that price should be what is shown and not something extra. Maybe that's my bigger issue with this situation. I'll still visit this hotel again... but I'll still complain if they do this again.

Stayed: February 2018
Aurelia S, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

We appreciate all the nice things you have said about us. We do try very hard to clean all of our rooms the way we would want to have them if we checked into one. I do listen to feedback and will take into consideration your comments about the pet fee.
We look forward to your next trip to Murphy.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We were pleasantly surprised to find our hotel rooms (we had adjoining rooms) clean, cozy and comfortable. Courtney at the front desk was very efficient and helpful. We didn't have breakfast so I can't rate that. It was one mile to the casino but a well referred Taxi driver took us there and back. The only issues we had were that the a/c unit rattled and so did the mini fridge.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Aurelia S, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for your review of the Best Western of Murphy. We will be looking into the a/c unit and mini fridge. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I recently stayed at Best Western Murphy NC for 4 nights. On the 3rd night of my stay, I hardly slept due to the loud voices, arguing, and profanity of the guests in the room next to mine. When I reported this early the next morning, I was told I would not be charged for that night, and that the offending guests would be checking out that day. When I checked out after my 4th night and returned home, I reviewed my statement and discovered that I was indeed charged for that awful 3rd night.

In an email survey sent to me by Best Western, I expressed my discontent at having been charged for that horrible 3rd night of my stay. A few hours later, I received another email message offering me a $20.00 credit; I ignored this insult. Another few hours later, the manager of Best Western Murphy sent me an email message stating that I should have reported the incident "immediately;" in other words, my reporting the incident at 7:00 a.m. the very next morning was not soon enough.

I plan to visit Murphy in the future but I will NEVER stay at this hotel again because now I question both the clientele it serves AND the integrity of a staff that did not make good on its promise to me. The two circles I gave this hotel are for the excellence of the housekeeping staff; however, good housekeeping is not sufficient enough to compensate for potentially future undesirable neighbors nor a manager who apparently lacks the integrity to back up the employee who promised me I would not be charged for the awful sleepless night I had on my 3rd night at this hotel. There are several other hotels in Murphy, and my advise to future travelers to Murphy is to avoid the Best Western there.

Room Tip: Ask for an end unit. If you have a bad experience with guests next to your room, check out immediately & go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Aurelia S, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Ms. Dykeman,
As I explained to you earlier, we could have handled the situation at the time if we had been informed about it. By 7 the next morning the disturbance was over and could not be stopped. We did give you a substantial discount on your room charge, as promised by the front desk clerk as well as not extending the stay of the perpetrators.
I am sorry that you do not feel that we handled the situation properly and hope that you will understand our position better.
We work hard to protect our guests and make their stay as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We were very pleased with the cleanliness of our room and hotel. We will stay again when visiting this area. The staff was very pleasant from checking in to checking out. Also in a great location with access to fast food and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Aurelia S, General Manager at Best Western Of Murphy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you for your comments. I have shared them with staff and hope that you will be back to see us again soon.