“"H" stands for hospitality!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pinehurst
The Holly Inn - Pinehurst Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Pinehurst
Reviewed 13 May 2017

My husband surprised me with a stay at the Holly Inn as part of a package for Pinehurst Golf Academy. Arriving early on Sunday, the desk attendant Sustainia met me with such a warm welcome and quickly checked me in so I was on time for an early round of golf. Dave cheerfully unloaded my luggage, valeted the car, and put me and my clubs on a shuttle to the club house (that was the last time I saw my car all week!). When I returned later than my dinner reservations, Michael the restaurant manager accommodated me with a later seating so I could shower and change. All-in-all it was a superb introduction to the Holly and a wonderful start to a great week of hospitality at the Holly Inn. The staff was attentive and always greeted me with a smile and an offer to assist with anything.

Golf school kept me busy so I didn't get to take full advantage of Holly's amenities (pool, bar, porches, etc.). My room was on the ground floor. Kingsized bed was very comfortable. The room was nicely decorated, clean, and supplied with lovely products in the bathroom.

I can't say enough about the shuttle service that runs all around the Pinehurst resort area. The staff of friendly drivers were always cheerful and available at a moments notice. It was very easy to get around Pinehurst and I used it 2-4 times a day. Never having to bother with driving or parking made a small tip of $2 each ride the best way to express gratitude for the convenience.

No review of the Holly would be complete without mentioning the 1895 Grill (Holly's restaurant)! The food was part of my package - 3 meals a day! The buffet breakfast was plentiful but special orders were always filled. I never ate lunch here, but the dinners were awesome. Firstly the meals were beautiful, tasty, and cooked perfectly. Secondly there were HUGE! One meal was sufficient for two people to eat and be full. The staff was attentive and friendly.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 April 2017

We have enjoyed the Holly Inn for many years and It has always show the Charm it was meant for. The Tavern and 1895 Dinning Room have great selection of wine and food. Great place to stay in the Heart of the Village of Pinehurst.

Room Tip: All have been good for us.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2016

If you like historic hotel but do not mind giving up on same of the 21st century amenities, this one is for you. Staff could not have been more friendly. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping. However, it was extremely difficult to regulate the temperature in the room. The room was either freezing or extremely hot. We took turns during the night switching between heating the room and cooling the room.

The Pinehurst Spa was first class all the way. We will return to the spa but not this hotel. If I am going to be pampered for a weekend, I want a room to be just as luxurious as rest of the resort.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Fabulous Inn!! The staff were all very friendly. The food for our party was great. The filet was very tender and perfectly cooked. The town is beautiful with lots of cute little shops. Things do shutdown a little early here, so don't wait to walk around town. We did go over to Dugan's Pub at night for some drinks, music and dancing. Music is in the basement and the ceilings are a little low. Really worth the visit.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2016

The Holly is part of the Pinehurst Resort. It is a small, quaint old hotel with good Arts&Crafts details. We stayed in room 302. It appeared to have been last updated a number of years ago. Wall paper seams were peeling around the Hvac unit. Poor lighting and no ventilation in the bathroom. TV is small and funky but you came for the golf, right? No coffee or tea in the room and none available except in the bar or restaurant. In spite of these flaws, the room was comfortable. The beds had nice enough linens and duvets. The room was large with 2 closets, a tiny frig, a safe, and USB charging ports. Staff friendly. Shuttle to take you around the resort. Located in the village, it was easy to walk to shopping, restaurants and stroll through the charming residential neighborhoods. I'd always pick the Holly over a soulless chain outside of the village.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Sarah C, Manager at The Holly Inn - Pinehurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Holly! We're planning to begin updating the rooms at the beginning of next year. The wallpaper will be fixed and a nice cover is being made for the HVAC unit. We're also adding some additional lighting, new drapery and carpet. We're so glad you enjoy the charm of the Holly and we hope you'll come back and visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinehurst
1.7 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
2.7 km away
Mid Pines Inn and Golf Club
#6 of 12 in Southern Pines
6.2 km away
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Southern Pines Aberdeen

Been to The Holly Inn - Pinehurst Resort? Share your experiences!