“MUST STAY HERE”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pinehurst
The Holly Inn - Pinehurst Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Pinehurst
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

When planning our North Carolina vacation, only had 1 night to stay at Pinehurst....decided to opt for the historic Holly Inn at Pinehurst - charming Inn......easy process to check in - we had a tee time in an hour - they told us they would shuttle us from this point on anywhere we wanted to go - parked our car and never moved it until we left. Room was big, comfortable, very nice bathroom with large shelf to hold all essentials. Nice thing about staying at the Holly Inn was the location - directly across from the Pinehurst Village of shops/bars/restaurants. Shops close at 5 pm, so do your exploring early. Golfed course #5 at Pinehurst - all staff friendly - efficient at getting your golf bags from the shuttle onto your cart, which is in a lower level of the clubhouse. This course wasn't that scenic - older condo's so I assume this is one of the older courses......course condition good. Was really hot day, but enjoyed golfing.....took shuttle to the Carolina Hotel and had drinks/dinner in the Ryder Cup Lounge - very good meal - salmon was outstanding......had delicious champagne cocktail on the large wraparound porch prior to dinner. Had B&B package, so breakfast was included - at either the Holly Inn or the Carolina Room - we opted to shuttle to the Carolina Room - beautiful room - have to say the breakfast was a little disappointing as items were not very hot. Did like the egg personally prepared for me (omelettes/eggs to order station.) Would love to come back to Pinehurst and would for sure stay at The Holly Inn!

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank WLM1972
There are newer reviews for The Holly Inn - Pinehurst Resort

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Comfortable room recently redecorated in the Arts and Crafts style that we love. We were changed from the first room we were shown with no questions asked when we said we preferred a different room. All staff helpful, friendly, and accommodating. Pretty side patio for drinks or lunch. Private clean pool area. Ample parking. Walking distance to the shops and spa and to the Carolina where we also ate, (Wonderful food and great service.) but complimentary and fast shuttle makes it so you don't have to walk if you don't want to. We will return to this relaxing spot.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2017

The hotel is like walking back in time - but with all the current day conveniences. Our rooms had been recently updated. The staff were very friendly and eager to help. Their restaurant was not open, but the tavern had wonderful food. It was an easy walk to the Carolina Hotel, the spa, the village, and the big swimming pool. Free shuttles were provided to the golf course.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2017

My husband surprised me with a stay at the Holly Inn as part of a package for Pinehurst Golf Academy. Arriving early on Sunday, the desk attendant Sustainia met me with such a warm welcome and quickly checked me in so I was on time for an early round of golf. Dave cheerfully unloaded my luggage, valeted the car, and put me and my clubs on a shuttle to the club house (that was the last time I saw my car all week!). When I returned later than my dinner reservations, Michael the restaurant manager accommodated me with a later seating so I could shower and change. All-in-all it was a superb introduction to the Holly and a wonderful start to a great week of hospitality at the Holly Inn. The staff was attentive and always greeted me with a smile and an offer to assist with anything.

Golf school kept me busy so I didn't get to take full advantage of Holly's amenities (pool, bar, porches, etc.). My room was on the ground floor. Kingsized bed was very comfortable. The room was nicely decorated, clean, and supplied with lovely products in the bathroom.

I can't say enough about the shuttle service that runs all around the Pinehurst resort area. The staff of friendly drivers were always cheerful and available at a moments notice. It was very easy to get around Pinehurst and I used it 2-4 times a day. Never having to bother with driving or parking made a small tip of $2 each ride the best way to express gratitude for the convenience.

No review of the Holly would be complete without mentioning the 1895 Grill (Holly's restaurant)! The food was part of my package - 3 meals a day! The buffet breakfast was plentiful but special orders were always filled. I never ate lunch here, but the dinners were awesome. Firstly the meals were beautiful, tasty, and cooked perfectly. Secondly there were HUGE! One meal was sufficient for two people to eat and be full. The staff was attentive and friendly.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2017

We have enjoyed the Holly Inn for many years and It has always show the Charm it was meant for. The Tavern and 1895 Dinning Room have great selection of wine and food. Great place to stay in the Heart of the Village of Pinehurst.

Room Tip: All have been good for us.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinehurst
1.7 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
2.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#3 of 12 in Southern Pines
4.7 km away
Residence Inn Pinehurst Southern Pines

Been to The Holly Inn - Pinehurst Resort? Share your experiences!