“Lovely dinner!!”

Ranked #10 of 55 Restaurants in Pinehurst
Price range: US$50 - US$70
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The 1895 Grille at the historic Holly is a Four-Star dining experience in every way. Serving breakfast and dinner, this intimate fine dining room features an exceptional menu straight from Carolina Farms to our tables. Our award-winning chefs also prepare nightly specials making each visit unique. Don't forget to order the triple chocolate souffle to cap off your perfect meal. Dress code: Dress slacks, collared shirt and dress shoes for men and corresponding attire for women. Tasteful denim allowed.
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Our dinner was wonderful! the food was excellent and the over all atmosphere was great. Great place to go for anniversary or other special occasion. It is good for a couple who want peace and quiet, plus a very good meal. I would not take small children here for dinner.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Good food, a lot of sauces which wasn't necessary . This is the best dining option in pinehurst at the hotel properties. Go into southern pines and venture out. Many good choices, just a 10 minute drive.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

I was visiting Pinehurst for the first time ever and had lunch at the Tavern here on Saturday March 12, 2016. I was by myself so I sat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and efficient in giving me water and taking my order. I had a kobe burger with fries and it was very good, cooked just like I had ordered it at medium. My wife and I are already talking about a return visit to Pinehurst and this time we will plan on eating dinner at the 1895 Grille which I understand is excellent and based on the lunch in the tavern should be a great dining experience.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

I enjoyed lunch at 1895 Grille - great caesar salad with shrimp! I could have gone iwth the half salad and had plenty. Good for business meetings, particularly the oval booths that allow for more private conversation than the main dining floor.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

We took a chance on this well reviewed restaurant. It's a quiet and fairly elegant dimly lit room with lots of very dark wood.
We ordered the Romaine salad with white anchovies and added smoke goat cheese. The staff was very polite and accommodated our wishes to alter an item or two on the menu. I had a delicious she-crab soup with a nice portion of Sherry, my friend ordered an 8 oz. Angus filet which he said was prepared beautifully, tender and juicy with root vegetables which he said were very very good. Actually we had difficulty deciding on what to order as there were so many very interesting items on the menu.
If you're in the Pinehurst area, go for it.